Skip to content
Sean_Kinsey's profile

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 9th, 2014 8:00 PM

Bad routing table on be-11-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.82.85)

We are no longer able to connect to the internet via our Comcast modem/router, even though the router can connect to the internet, and we to the router. I'm positive it is a routing issue in their network where they have our subnet pointing somewhere else.

Could someone help me verify this theory? I've got a set of traces going in, and going out in http://pastebin.com/3sqUVRfH and from what I can tell, the internet can connect to our router's DHCP assigned IP, but not to the static IP behind it.

I called the support line, was lucky enough to reach a supervisor who could actually connect to the router etc, but she claimed she could ping it and so everything looked alright on their end.

My assumption is that it is the 68.86.82.85 router that has the wrong routing information (since that is where the traces to our DHCP IP and static IP diverge), and that she was using a different route.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks!

I was given a direct line to a supervisor, which turned out to be on vacation, and the response from the one answering was to do a second service call even though the first one already established that there was nothing to do locally.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Sean.  Please send me a private message with the Static IP associated with your account.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

The issue we found was verified, and has been fixed. Thanks.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

HI Sean.  I have engaged the Tier 2 Support Team to assist in resolution of this issue.

Thank You