Skip to content
Arcadiagroup's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Dec 30, 2015 11:00 AM

Actual speed drop of 100Mbps

We are experiencing significantly slower speeds on our business internet (100/20) over the past 24 hours.

The speedtest.comcast.net site says we are running at full speed.

However, 3 other speed test sites have our speed under 20Mbps.

Here is one such test from Ookla, which also powers the speedtest.comcast site.

How is this even possible, except if comcast is throttling this service?

I spoke with 2 different customer support reps that both told me the pronblem is in our network.

This is, of course, ridiculous. If the problem was in our network, the speedtest.comcast site would not show close to 120 down.

Again, I've run the speetest on multiple sites using multiple servers and all but the speedtest.comcast site show us at under 20Mbps.

Any thoughts?

Responses

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Tech came out this morning. He stated that there is something wrong with the way Comcast is receiving data from the internet. The connection to comcast's servers is fine, but going outside of the comcast servers there is a connection issue. He said he has never seen anything like this and is going to escalate the ticket.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

6 y ago

Thank you Arcadiagroup you for updating the community with how the tech call went. Did the tech by chance give you that ticket number? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

@Arcadiagroup wrote:

Tech came out this morning. He stated that there is something wrong with the way Comcast is receiving data from the internet. The connection to comcast's servers is fine, but going outside of the comcast servers there is a connection issue. He said he has never seen anything like this and is going to escalate the ticket.

I figured it was something outside their circuits.  Which I tried explaining to the Phone Tech.  Thank you for the update Arcadiagroup.  My guess is they won't do anything until after the new year since we aren't technically down.

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

If they don't do anything until after the new year I will be extrememly disappointed.

I just signed up for comcast in November and was concerned about their service when I did.

This is what the sales guy emailed me when I asked him about the quality and service of comcast business.

"No Sir Tim, we still do have some of these minor problems on our residential side which is Xfinity, but with Comcast Business you would have priority one on our lines, and we guarantee the full speeds we offer 99.9% of the time, and any down time or systematic problems you would have with our service would be fixed immediately, and any loss the business takes would be credited to your account. I do want to apologies for assuming on your internet speed, I was only referring back to other cases I have dealt with."

So much for guaranteeing speeds 99.9% of the time.

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

The problem appears to have been resolved in the last few minutes.

Not sure what they did to correct it since no one contacted me, but we are now getting full speeds outside of the comcast servers.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

@someguy813 wrote:

My speed has returned. Thanks everyone for your diligence in this matter. It's a shame that the phone tech support is so worthless that it took three days for this to be resolved due to their ignorance and lack of caring about the matter. 

Just do what I did, overflow them with information and reports so they have to show someone that knows what you are talking about.  🙂

Just FYI, Tier 2 is keeping my case open CR543105406 for any further troubleshooting.  If you run into any problems, use that case number to report against.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

My speed has returned. Thanks everyone for your diligence in this matter. It's a shame that the phone tech support is so worthless that it took three days for this to be resolved due to their ignorance and lack of caring about the matter.