Skip to content
bitblaster2's profile

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, July 15th, 2022 11:42 PM

XFINITY WIFI PUBLIC HOTSPOT - Disable it... it disables, but then  re-enables after a few days

Has anyone else turn off the public hotspot, only to have it turn back on unexpected after a few days?
It's pretty annoying.

I've had this happen after toggling it off in the mobile app (reskinned/proxy for the desktop web site?) and the desktop web site.

The modem is a Cisco DPC3941B... not like that should make any difference, since this setting is managed by the business.comcast.com web site.

--Steve

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there!@bitblaster2 I'm so sorry for the trouble you are having with your Xfinity Wi-Fi Public Hotspot, I understand how frustrating this is for you! Can you please send me a DM with your full first and last name, your full business address, and business name so that I can assist you further. 

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

@Comcast_Richard​ When I try to create a DM, your username doesn't show up in the list.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Business forums. Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "direct messaging" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it
 heart 2 star 1
Reddit - Dive into anything

I no longer work at Comcast.