Skip to content
Partner_Software's profile

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, April 24th, 2016 4:00 PM

Xfinity Public WiFi Hotspot Enable/Disable

05-07-2015 06:15 PM

"The ability to turn the Xfinity WiFi hotspots on and off via online account is now live for Business WiFi users.  This adds to our existing functionality of Directory Management (on/off, edit) as well as private WiFi management (SSID, On/off, Broadcast/hide). "

To manage the Xfinity WiFi service;

Sign into your online Business account at businessclass.comcast.net with your administrator credentials:

Click the Manager Tools tab and then click the Manage Xfiinty Wifi tab under Manage Services.

The on/off button is located on the top right side on the screen.

Thank You

The option to turn off/on the Xfinity hotspot does not exist on the current webpage. I eventually found the "Manager Tools Tab" but there is no option for "Manage Xfinity Wifi" under the "Manager Tools Tab".

This is disturbing for a number of reasons. The Xfinity Wifi seems to have a history of problematic behavior ranging from security concerns to instability to downright frustrating support issues.

I have also experienced the frustration of being told by support that I can turn it off, when plainly that is not true.

Perhaps someone could provide a direct link to this magic page, or failing that, just turn the Xfinity Wifi off... again.

No Responses!