Skip to content
U

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 11:15 PM

When I click on "private WiFi" to update my Network name and Password, I get "An error has occurred"

Hello, our business uses a TECHNICOLOR CGA4332COM as the Modem, which I think might somehow be relevant here. 

The business Wifi connection itself works, the public hotspot works, and the public hotspot wifi settings work... however I simply cannot get into the settings for the private. I've reset the modem twice, I've deleted cookies and cache, and both times I called customer service, they were unable to assist me adequately. 

Does anyone know what I'm able to do?

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

4 months ago

Hi there! Glad you reached out. I want to ensure we properly assist and that I understand your troubles. To make sure I properly understand, you are able to connect to internet via your public and business connections, but not your private as in your password protected internet? 

• 

3 Messages

Hi Sheila!

Correct, we're able to use the internet connection, but when I log into our comcast profile to edit the settings of that private wifi, I get the "error has occured" message.

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

Thanks! I appreciate you clarifying for me. Are you able to log into your admin portal? have you tried on a different device? 

• 

3 Messages

I have, unfortunately the problem is on the admin portal, and I've tried it on a secondary device. 

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

user_37a73a Gotcha! Thank you for trying that and confirming that this is happening on multiple devices. To send a "Direct Message" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it"

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

I have this exact same issue.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have the same issue.  

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I am also having this issue. I can't make any changes. Have tried multiple devices, router reset (my account does display that everything is fine with router). My wifi network shows up, but I am unable to login. Error messages everywhere. I have a "ticket" open with customer service, but am losing lots of money since I am unable to work and need this resolved ASAP. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

Hello, @user_0001d4. Thanks for making us aware you're also having issues updating your private wifi settings. I would be more than happy to review your account and see what's the status of this pending ticket.

In order to get started, can you please click the chat bubble in the top right corner and send a message to our "Comcast Business" handle?

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

Im also having problems with this issue, it seems more and more the Comcast business website keeps acting up and not working properly has many glitches and can't get any work done, will be seriously considering to change over to Starlink satellite internet, Comcast is a failing business. really getting annoyed with this and the IT guys can't even figure out what is going on