Skip to content
V

New Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Monday, March 21st, 2022 8:30 PM

Help connecting to secure XFINITY hotspot

I'd like to be able to connect to the XFINITY secure wifi hotspot with my Moto e (2020) phone. My previous phone (Moto e4) connected without a problem.

I have the Hotspots app and can connect to the unsecure xfinitywifi, but when I try to connect to the secure XFINITY, something pops up with a bunch of information to fill out. What do I need to be able to do to access a secure wifi hotspot? 

Thank you for your help.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@Vernon Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can see how this would be frustrating. What is the information that is being requested? 

New Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@Comcast_TimothyA​ Here is a screenshot of what pops up on my phone when I try connect to a secure XFINITY hotpsot.

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

The hotspot would not be password protected, you would click the network called "xfinitywifi" without a password and then log in with your Xfinity ID and password. 

New Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@Comcast_AnthonyT​ I'm confused. I have no problem using the "xfinitywifi" network. What I'd like to have the option of doing is to use the secure "XFINITY" network. I could connect to that with my pervious phone. With this phone, that box that I included a picture of before pops up. Here is a picture of the WiFi options on my phone. You can see I'm connected to "xfinitywifi" and you can see the secure "XFINITY" option I'd like to connect to. Maybe I don't understand how to use the XFINITY Hotspots app?

Thanks for the help.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Thanks for the clarification. I see that in order to access this particular secured hotspot, you'll need to setup and download a profile in our Xfinity Wifi Hotspots app.

Please try these steps:

While connected to the Internet, download the latest version of the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app from the Apple App store or the Google Play store.

Launch the app.

Sign in to the app using your primary or secondary username and password.

If you're using an Android device, the app will download and install the profile automatically. It will also automatically connect you to secure Xfinity WiFi whenever you are in range.

– Stop here for Android.

iOS users, following sign in, you will be prompted to install a secure profile.

Follow the prompts to complete installation of the secure profile on your device.
Note: It is critical to perform the next step within 8 minutes of downloading the profile. If you are not able to, you will need to restart the download process.

Once the profile has downloaded, navigate to phone settings, then profile downloaded, and tap install.

You will be prompted for your device passcode.

The iOS device will now automatically connect to Xfinity WiFi securely whenever you are in range. 

Please let us know if this helps!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Thanks for the photos. This really helps us get a picture of what's happening. I totally understand if you're not familiar with the app, we've all been there before. It'll get better the more you use it! With the setup you're using, you should automatically be logged into the secure WiFi as a priority. Would you be willing to restart the app completely and let me know if that changes anything?

I no longer work for Comcast.