Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 21st, 2021 10:07 PM

Early termination fee

I have moved to Texas and need to cancel my Comcast Business service here in California.  I have called Comcast Business and have just been told that because I upgraded service in September 2020, an ETF applies and that it is over $1700!  I find that to be shocking in this day and age that companies can charge such outrageous termination fees.  I have 16 months left on the 2 years, but I was a customer for 13 years, and this is how I get treated!  I am dismayed by this.  The representative on the phone just quoted me the contract and when I asked who I could write to to raise a concern with this I was told there is no-one.   I was told I could potentially transfer service but I already moved and set up new service with the recommenced local cable internet provider.  Regardless, after 13 years I still find this ETF shocking.  Can anyone help me to get this ETF waived?  Thank you.

Recognized Contributor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_e2982d. Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums. I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience. While we can't guarantee we will be able to waive the fee, we can definitely take a look into this situation for you and see what options are available. The last thing we want you to worry about after a move is a huge cost like that and I totally get where you're coming from.

Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as the business address/name so we can assist.

To send a Live Chat, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Comcast Business" and we will get back to you ASAP.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

will never looking back with comcast again once my contract end. early termination fee are huge and horrible. if you sign up for a new service right now they're forcing you to pay for their equipment fee and you cannot use your own equipment anymore with comcast business.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_6fe42b Don't forget that if you return their equipment they will automatically cancel your account FOR you and charge you the full amount of the ETF. Forcing you to not only pay for service you aren't using anymore but also keeping up with their shitty equipment for the years or months you have remaining and pay for THAT as well. I will also never go back to Comcast ever. This is a real slap in the face to consumers and should be illegal. I was not informed of this upfront. I later found a link in my contract to terms which then linked to more terms that contained this legaleze. This is one of the sleeziest practices I have ever seen in my life. Be happy your contract was only 2 years, mine was 3. I bet they line a lot of senator's pockets to keep this up.