Connect to comcast business wifi to watch
Some details about our set up:
- We have a static IP block with 1 of the IPs passing through to our own router/firewall
- There is no network filtering or proxy inspection
- We have a Comcast 4G Cradlepoint connected to another port of the router/firewall for redundant connectivity
When we sign into xfinity.com/stream with our Comcast Business account we receive an error stating to connect to a Comcast Business WiFi connection to watch. I have tested with IP lookup services to verify that our connection is being recognized as the Comcast Static IP address we have assigned to the router/firewall. We receive this error on all devices mobile app, desktop web page, TV app. I ran a test where I enabled the WiFi connection on the modem and I was able to stream content from that connection.
Edit to include: This feature of functional until around Dec 23, 2022. It has not worked since.
Did Comcast remove the ability to use your own NAT/Routing equipment and use features like TV streaming?
5 months ago
Hey there! I am not finding anything on our end that shows this ability was removed. We may have to submit a ticket to our backend team to look into this for you. Can you send us a DM with your name, business name and address?
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it