Skip to content
U

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 16th, 2023 4:15 PM

Connect to comcast business wifi to watch

Some details about our set up:

• We have a static IP block with 1 of the IPs passing through to our own router/firewall
  • There is no network filtering or proxy inspection
  • We have a Comcast 4G Cradlepoint connected to another port of the router/firewall for redundant connectivity

When we sign into xfinity.com/stream with our Comcast Business account we receive an error stating to connect to a Comcast Business WiFi connection to watch. I have tested with IP lookup services to verify that our connection is being recognized as the Comcast Static IP address we have assigned to the router/firewall. We receive this error on all devices mobile app, desktop web page, TV app. I ran a test where I enabled the WiFi connection on the modem and I was able to stream content from that connection.

Edit to include: This feature of functional until around Dec 23, 2022. It has not worked since.

Did Comcast remove the ability to use your own NAT/Routing equipment and use features like TV streaming?

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

57 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there! I am not finding anything on our end that shows this ability was removed. We may have to submit a ticket to our backend team to look into this for you. Can you send us a DM with your name, business name and address? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Korie​ Thanks for the response. I do technically have ticket submitted that was supposedly being escalated, although I have not had any response since 1/13/2023. Here's the customer reference number if that helps: CR072076809.

I can still DM if appropriate.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_a6c81d​ did you ever get a resolution to this? I am currently experiencing the exact same issue that started at the same time and also having difficulty getting any answers from the support team.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@user_b2fd51 I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same issue and I'd like to help you with troubleshooting! Can you please send a DM?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_Kyla​ Sure, how do i DM you. I have spoken with 3 different comcast reps but no-one has been able to resolve the issue. I have a CR ticket open as well as a tier 2 escalation ticket.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

Sorry to hear that, @user_b2fd51. We can definitely look into this for you. 

To send a "Direct Message" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
 • Press Enter to send it"