Skip to content
GeoGeo's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Fri, Dec 13, 2019 7:00 AM

Bussiness Customer xfinitywifi Automatic Sign-In

I am a Business Customer.

When using xfinitywifi on my Phone (One+ 7 Pro, Adroid 10) I am required to manually sign in every time. I understand the system should remember my sign-in (see https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-access-public-xfinity-wifi-hotspot/ ) but it does not.

I tried the App but the App seems to not be optimized for Android 10 Power mode etc. and reports high battery usage so that is not an option.

Please check why the system does not remember my signon.

If there is an option to whitelist a MAC address to overcome the issue (I can't find anything like that in my account portal - my previous provider Altice/Optimum allowed whitelisting of 15 MACs)  I can provide that via PM.

Thanks for your help

Responses

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

1 y ago

I am afraid no luck:

The secure XFINITY wifi only works with a certificate.

The xfiniti wifi  App is incompatible in providing the certificate for Android 10.

So it looks like I am out of luck until comcast either stars providing an interface to authorize MAC addresses (like xfinity residential does) or updates the xfinitiy wifi app so it works with the current version of Android.

Could you plass this along to your development/management teams. It seems a bit strange that  residental has better options to use your public hotspots than business has....

If there are any other ideas I will be happy to try...

Have a great day - and thanks for all the attempts at overcoming the issue

Contributing Member

• 

128 Messages

1 y ago

Appreciate the update! Thanks for confirming the issue with the certificate on the Android 10 OS. 

Our engineers are aware of the issue and we are working on a fix. I heard they are near a hotfix that is expected to roll out sometime January 2020 (fingers crossed), so keep a look out for an app update soon. 

Ken

Official Employee

• 

398 Messages

1 y ago

Hi there, I wanted to see how things have been working since we last spoke and make sure that you are enjoying your services 🙂 I hope all is well and happy 2020! 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

1 y ago

Hi Gina,

no update - as per the last exchange - waiting to see when you update the android app...

For now the xfinitywifi still does not remember my login after a day or so...

Happy 2020 to you as well!

Contributing Member

• 

128 Messages

1 y ago

Thanks for letting us know! An update to the app should be rolling out this month!

Ken