Skip to content
C

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 6th, 2021 8:39 PM

Business WiFi horrible?

Hello,

Just moved from Comcast residential internet (1 gig) to Business Internet 300 and although the hard-wired connection seems fine, the wifi has been awful. Has anyone else experienced this? I've had three different techs come out (who leave a lot to be desired, frankly) with different solutions, but nothing has really improved. I have a dedicated business internet line from the tap (as I believe all business customers have), and my modem has been swapped out already. Everything seems fine when the techs are here, including speed tests, but then later I'm sitting on my cell phone 10ft from the modem and pages/apps just spin and spin. I turn off wifi to switch to cellular data and it loads immediately. There's only 2-4 devices that are ever on the network at once, with only 1-2 typically ever being active.

I almost never had this issue with residential internet. I know that I went from a 1 gig residential to 300mb business, but as I understand it, the residential is capped and throttled while business is basically a minimum speed. My speed tests and as good, if not better, now than I had with residential, but then simple web pages and apps fail to load, or take forever to load. I am searching here for answers as I cannot seem to find them with my Comcast sales rep or general tech support.

If anyone else knows the fix, or could at least point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Problem solver

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @clary24 I hate to hear about the slowdowns you've been seeing with your Comcast Business Internet. I know with so many people relying on internet at home and for work and businesses, that it's so crucial to have reliable and consistent service. I would definitely be happy to take a closer look into this with you. Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Comcast Business in the "To" section of the chat.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The Live Chat option took forever for the comcast rep to respond, and have since had a tech come out and not able to fix the issue. The last few weeks my upload speed has been anywhere from 0.4 to 2. That is god awful. The tech said it looks like there’s an issue with the node, whatever that means. Can a comcast person explain that?

So I haven't had stable internet since it was installed, having unresolved issue after unresolved issue that no one can seemingly understand, or fix. These techs are awful, getting different answers from each one on things. Meanwhile I am paying full price for this “service”. Getting sick and tired of spending MORE money and time on a poduct and service that is WORSE than residential. 

(edited)

Problem solver

• 

17 Messages

@clary24 I'm so sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your internet speeds. A node is a part of the network infrastructure that provides connectivity and transmits signals to different areas. So for example, if you've ever experienced a service interruption that is impacting the wider area, that can be a result of the node being down or functioning in a limited capacity due to some underlying issue. Did the technician who was last out that mentioned the node issues discuss any next steps with you? 

I no longer actively support the Comcast Business Forum or work for Comcast.