Skip to content
work's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 1:00 PM

Business was sent new router - computers connect- iphones will not

Our buisness was sent a new router that we had to switch out , according to Comcast or we would loose our wifi by November 30.   We went through the activation etc and now our phones will not connect to the wifi.  We have all gone through the iphone fixes ( restart, network settings , etc..) , even though is has nothing to do with our phones. The CSR on the phone from Comcast told me that they cant help with why our phone wont connect to wifi , only that she could restart the router.  We have restarted , un plugged.. etc the brand new router and now we have issues.  I Could pull up in the parking lot and our phones would connect automatically this morning and now nothing.  We dpend on the wifi connection to our phones while at office.  For the record, its not our phones.. they connect to the wifi everywhere else.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for reaching out about the connection issue, work. Are you able to let me know what type of device it is? And just to make sure, the computers you mentioned that are able to connect are wired (like PCs) not wireless (like laptops)? If they are wired, does the network that they are connected to show on the phones too? 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

also the network key has been changed and we have entered the correct network key bc 2 of the wireless computers will connect to it.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, The devices not being able to connect now are all wireless. Iphones, Ipads and 2 dell desktops which were working perfectley before on the wifi netowrk router. And yes the 1 wired computer shows the network and so do all of our devices. 3 of the 5 computers in our office will connect. 1 wired and 2 wireless. The other 2 computers ( which have all been updated)  will not connect.  on our apple devices, we enter the network key and it says" incorecct password".  or just spins trying to connect.

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, work. Click on Admin Tool to learn how you can access the Admin Tool to manage your Wi-Fi.  If you're still having trouble, send me a private message with your full name, the phone number listed on your Comcast Business Account and the address including the city, state and, zip so that I can pull your account to assist you.