Skip to content
J

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 7th, 2021 4:21 AM

Broadcom Guest Wifi

Switched to Comcast business and now I’m seeing 5 Broadcom_Guest networks and cannot disable them like others on the forum. I would like to disable these networks.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

@jmartin, thank you for reaching  out to our business forums. 

Enable or disable your Private WiFi connection and change information associated with your network directly from Comcast Business My Account. This functionality is only available to customers with a Business Wireless Gateway device. You can find more information regarding WiFi devices here.

Sign in to My Account and select Internet from the Services menu. Only the Primary Manager or Services Manager can update this information.

Select Manage Private WiFi on the right side of the page.

1. Manage your 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz connection by selecting the pencil icon in the appropriate section. From here you can:
    • Select the On/Off toggle to enable or disable the network. Enabling access allows users with the Network Name/SSID to access the network. Disabling access ensures no one can access that network, even if they have the Network Name/SSID.
    • Edit the Network Name/SSID and enable or disable broadcasting of the Network Name/SSID.
    • Change the Security Mode and Password. Note that the password requirements will change depending on which security mode you choose.
  2. Select I'm Done when you are finished.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just talked to a Comcast technical rep and she has an extra control where she was able to disable Wifi "as a whole" and that gets rid of this, instantly.  I hope this helps other people.  I asked if we (the customer) have access to the control on our dashboard and she thinks probably not.  We have an ability to turn off the Private WIFI and the Xfinity wifi... but apparently, that leaves some random SSIDs broadcasting.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Anymore info on this? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has anybody figured out how to fix this? 

The instructions listed above does not work. We just signed up for comcast business and keep having many issues. After replacing the box now I have 6 broadcom guest wifis. The Comcast guy who installed it said he had no clue what it was and how to get rid of it and left. I really do not want to do a factory reset with as many issues as we have had and is currently working. I just want the broadcom gone. 

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

Hi, user_1c359b. Thanks for posting here to support. Sorry to hear about the complications you're running into! What we'd like to do is go ahead with opening a request for you, with our tier II group, and they should be able to remove the request for you. Sound good, and are you ready to get started? I can explain the process of how to send your info over via DM. 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_1c359b​ 

For years, we have experienced ongoing issues with Comcast’s Business service. We pay for insane speed, both up and down, and we still have issues particularly during high traffic times. There have been so many techs out here I know them by name. If ATT gets fiber in our subdivision, it’s bye bye Comcast. 

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

Hi, @user_1c359b! Thanks for taking the time to visit Comcast over our forums page for help with the internet speed issue. Having to go through up and down speeds is very frustrating. I am sorry to learn about this experience with multiple technician visits. We would surely miss your business. We can help. To get started, would you mind sending over a direct message with your first/last name, full address, and a phone number or account number listed on the account by clicking the "message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page? Once you click on that, input our shared handle Comcast Business to send us a private message.

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Has anyone fixed this yet? I had my install yesterday, and now I have 6 random open Broadcom Guest networks. Please help.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Hello there, and thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums! I can imagine the confusion behind this, and we can get this resolved, asap!

You should be able to Enable or disable your Private WiFi connection and change information associated with your network, directly from Comcast Business My Account. This functionality is only available to you, if you have a Wireless Gateway device. You can find more information regarding Wi-Fi devices by clicking on here.

You should also be able to sign in to My Account and select Internet from the Services menu. Only the Primary Manager or Services Manager can update this information.

Select Manage Private WiFi on the right side of the page.

1. Manage your 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz connection by selecting the pencil icon in the appropriate section. From here you can:
    • Select the On/Off toggle to enable or disable the network. Enabling access allows users with the Network Name/SSID to access the network. Disabling access ensures no one can access that network, even if they have the Network Name/SSID.
    • Edit the Network Name/SSID and enable or disable broadcasting of the Network Name/SSID.
    • Change the Security Mode and Password. Note that the password requirements will change depending on which security mode you choose.
  2. Select I'm Done when you are finished.

I hope this information was helpful, and if you run into any more problems, please send us a private message. You can do so, by clicking on the chat icon, in the top right hand corner of your screen, and once you click on that icon, you should be able to search "Xfinity Support", which should then give you the ability to send us a message. Thank you in advance, and I look forward to speaking with you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

@user_a6169a​ Issue was resolved by chatting with support and having them reset to factory settings.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

That's so great to hear! Is there absolutely anything else that we can help you with today? I want to make sure that none of your questions go unanswered! 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

it took 3 days and no one at comcast knew what to do, got hung up on many times...   it was resolved by doing factory reset (no customers can do this, nor the tier 1 tech, this is huge security rick and attack vector for home business, and I am extremely upset my router was configured on install WITHOUT my knowledge of setting up a public wifi with SSID i can not change. this is completely unacceptable, and a mistrust between you and your customers, and you should be sued with a class action lawsuit for this data breach. My business emails were compromised because off this hole in your security and I might lose my job now. IT needs to be fixed immediately for all customers. This feature SHOULD NOT be default, it should only be able to be turned on through an admin portal.. also

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

@boomboxhead I'm so glad to hear that we were able to get the settings changed for you. I can certainly understand how concerning security risks are and this is never the feeling we want you to have. Rest assured that our network is secure and a default SSID for Guest WiFi is preconfigured for the secondary access point. The Guest network name can be customized by the business network administrator via the Business WiFi Pro section of the Business Customer Portal. It can also be disabled there and turned off. This link explains how. 

1. Navigate to the WiFi Pro Portal. When signing in for the first time, select Get Started on the welcome screen. Once signed in to your account, you will see the Guest Insights and Analytics dashboard.
  2. ​Navigate to the menu bar  to locate your WiFi networks.
  3. In WiFi networks, select Settings. Select the network you want to configure and select Edit.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This just happened to me today without any warning or paperwork to sign and absolutely NO help from customer support-is this even legal to subject our business security to unknown hackers - well i guess they are not really hackers since comcast handed everyone the information-but seriously what is the purpose of these networks and why does comcast say they know nothing about it or offer any help?  The only thing that the serviceperson was supposed to do is check my Wifi signal and give me a new modem which was to be the same model (GHz) as i did NOT want an updated version.

Tried going on my account and following the instructions given via this forum but that only mucked up the information and wifi i had so i changed everything back.  Any help will be appreciated-still trying to get an older modem so that these networks do not show up-any additional help will be appreciated as i am so mad i could scream.  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@user_11bc49 I am so sorry to hear that this issue regarding changing the broadcast of these networks still persist even after following the instructions to disable them via Comcast Business MyAccount.

We can certainly work together to assist with this further. Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list

• - A "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Is there not a simple solution to this yet? firmware update or something aside from reset from factory settings? 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

I spoke with Comcast tech support. They did a factory reset on my modem and manual re-entered the wifi for me. They mentioned that a "module" probably needed to be reset. Well, it worked and both BROADCOM_GUEST went away.