Skip to content
tantonysca's profile

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 9:00 AM

VoIP phone does not work at home

I have BVE at business.  The phone is on VLAN 5 connected to a EdgeMarc router.  We have Polycom VVX501 HD phones.  If I take the phone to my home and plug into my home LAN, is the phone suppose to work?

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, the VoIP that is set up at your business is strictly set up for business use, and has different firmware from what would be your residential service. If needed, you can forward your calls to a different number, but the system would have to stay at your business.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I figured if I connect the business VoIP phone to my home LAN, it would go through the cloud to get dhcp from the VoIP router.  

Plus my thinking that the BVE app works over the cloud, so I thought the phone also would.

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

My apologies the phones are connected at your business location and are specialized for the business location with the business connection. Yes, the app does use cloud functions however the phone is made to be used at your business and will only function as such. Comast_Michelle

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there. I'm so sorry for the late response. Our business phone service is provisioned specifically for business systems. Unfortunately, it's also provisioned for your location only. - Rob

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

In light of COVID-19, we are considering allowing our employees to work from home.  Based on the post above, am I correct in understanding there is no way for them to be able to take their PolyCom 411 phones home with them temporarily for business use?

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

5 years ago

That is correct, we are sorry for any frustrations. 

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This was my question exactly, except we are already working from home and expect that will be the new norm for many weeks. I waited on hold with Comcast to speak to a rep about this issue, but got disconnected after almost 30 minutes on hold (understandbly, wait times are very high).

What can/is Comcast doing to help its Business customers during this situation? We pay quite a lot for our service and the Apps are constantly crashing or glitching. Without more reliable options, being able to use the VoiP phones from home internet is essential.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You've reached the right place, and my goal is to change your experience. I'm so sorry that you were disconnected. Can you please send me a private message with the last four of the account number and/or last statement balance, your full name, phone number, and service address including city, state, and zip code?