Skip to content
W

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, July 28th, 2022 10:17 PM

Voicemail Management Removed

Well, it seems like Comcast Business has now decided to remove the voicemail management feature from the web portal. 

Not every phone on our system has a user account assigned to it, so that app method does not work for me when trying to manage voicemails remotely. 

Also, the physical phones we have do not allow us to change the 3 different greetings that the phones has. So now I have to create a user account for each phone so that I can manage its voicemail?

Please add the voicemail management functionality back to the system admins. I already have so many issues with this system as it is.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here. You can reach out to our Business support team directly at https://comca.st/3vpaIFI or call them at the 1-(800) 391-3000 number anytime. 

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I called and I was told "voicemail feature is gone online". No other solution and no way to revert it. I would like to have that feature back because now I also cannot control where the visual voicemail e-mails are going since we swap them every few days. 

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our valued customers. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Not sure how to reply to this......

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

On a personal basis I dumped Comcast 20 years ago due to poor customer service, only to be stuck with it at this job. Dealt with it okay until this... Making STRONG recommendations to my employer to switch providers.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_TimothyA​ You have not improved service with the removal of voicemail management from the portal but rather have a created more issues for user admins. To have the glib attitude of "it's gone and you can't have it back" is downright preposterous. You obviously have no idea what your business customers need and how they used the portal. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@wirelessoperator​ how nice would it be able to avoid all customer inquiries like that and still be able to make that much money? wow. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just got this system and I had access to it when we first went live...just a few weeks before they took it away.  I am not finished setting up!  This makes no sense and has immediately frustrated me.  We have several phones in our locations that are not associated with a user.  This in not efficient!!  PLEASE put it back!!

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@IT_Crowd_Fan​ Exactly. Phone with no users are now inaccessible. I downloaded the desktop app and it only lets you access your personal voicemail so... back to square one.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

One hundred percent add the voicemail management functionality back to the system admins! As expressed by others, not all users are granted access to the portal and Administrators must have the ability to change settings. The voice app does not give any option to change where the voicemail transcript is emailed to, or any other voicemail settings for that matter, and does not work for lines like our main system voice mailbox. And, again, not all device users have access to the portal or voice app. I have already started looking into other options as a direct result of this change.

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@user_cc199a​ Exactly the same. Contacted Verizon the second I got off the phone with Comcast when they basically said "yeah we made that change. No you can't have it back".

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I agree, bring back the online VM management. Most of the time we could not actually add a user as they could never log in to Voice Edge to finish the setup.  Then even if they did, they could end up disappearing later.  Now I have no way to manage from my side.  Another really stupid Comcast move.