Skip to content
ssirois's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 11:00 AM

VoiceEdge phone keeps ringing

I'm working remotely and when I answer a call on the VoiceEdge app, the app continues to ring. The only way to get it to stop is to exit the app, but I have to keep telling people that I have to hang up and call them back. This just started today on version 1.33.0

Responses

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

This issue just started happening for me in the past couple of days. I am running VoiceEdge version 1.35.0, with Windows 10 Pro on a laptop.

Comcast, please get a fix for this soon!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

That's the version that has been installed for my user. It might be an account related issue, since she's the only one in the company having this problem.

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Us too, this just started today for a user of mine as well.  

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Happening on 1.35.0 and even after removing and reinstalling it happened again within 2 hours of reinstalling it.  I have also sent @Comcast_Gabe a DM.  If anyone has any other solutions please let me know!

Thanks!

Jonathan

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Do you happen to know what version number? I have 1.35.0 and it says it is up to date and was dated 12/09/20

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

I got a voicemail from the tech on my case saying they have applied a fix to stop the ringing, I've reinstalled the app on my user's computer and will update if the problem is solved or not once I hear from her.

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Yeah, same situation here, one person that is having this happen.  My extension is fine though. I have pinged @Comcast_Gabe so if there is anything on the backend that needs to happen hopefully he will reach out.  It is weird, it had been working just fine till today and without any explanation it broke, tried the remove, reboot, reinstall and I thought initially it fixed it but like 2 hours later it happened again, that is when I tried the suggestion from @ChrisRyan.   I will keep an eye on this thread in case anyone else has any insight.

Official Employee

• 

518 Messages

4 m ago

Hi @HL, and thanks for letting us know you're also affected by the continuous ringing on the VoiceEdge App. I'm sorry for the experience you're having. We understand how important it is to get this resolved. I want to investigate your account to help find a fix. Please send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc.), and the phone or account number? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

This seems to be a known issue. It happens to us as well and will come and go without reason.  I have talked to engineers and its a problem that is being worked on.  Sadly its frustrating for our reps to deal with.

Official Employee

• 

13 Messages

3 m ago

Hello ewagner101EA. I can assist with troubleshooting your VoiceEdge phone service issues. Please send a private message with your full name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and phone or account number, so we can help. You can click my name (Comcast_JoeTru) to view my profile, and then click "Send a private message" to private message me.

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

Same.

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

Thank you for this explanation! I am going to try that today. 

Occasional Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 m ago

So I had previously thought that this was resolved by following the advice of @ChrisRyan  above, and that did in fact stop the phone from ringing for a while and had no reports for several weeks/months.  However today I had two separate users on two separate hunt groups relay that this happened with them.  Neither of these users have anything toggled on under the incoming calls drop down other than computer always ring and deskphone always ring, all other options are toggled off.  

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Started using VoiceEdge in November 2020. Worked great until mid-December and started experiencing the ringing glitches described above. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Worked okay for a while. Then not. This week (starting Mon 2/23) seems to be fairly bad as far as at least once a day having the ringing going on during a call.

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

Good morning @Elizabeth Fairbanks and thank you for letting us know you're also experiencing concerns with the VoiceEdge App. I'm sorry for the experience you're having and apologize for any inconvenience. We understand how important it is to get this resolved. I want to investigate your account to help find a fix. Please send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc.), and the phone or account number?