Skip to content
U

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 1:55 PM

VoiceEdge Fails to Open

Hello,

I have a user who has been having issues with VoiceEdge. When she boots up in the morning, she goes to open the application. There is maybe a half second VoiceEdge window that pops up (mostly the outline of the window), as it tries to open but then immediately closes. Our temporary quick fix was to completely uninstall VoiceEdge, and remove the AppData and then reinstall VoiceEdge, but this is not reasonable long term. 

After inspecting it today, I did find that for some reason, when she boots up the computer in the morning, or even after a system restart, if you look in task manager, there are approx. 8 voiceedge processes stuck under Background Processes. Those processes are there before she even attempts to open the application. For some reason these are there and are what's causing the issue with the application not launching. After force closing those 8 processes, she's able to open the app and it functions as intended. Looking at the task manager again, there are now 8 processes for VoiceEdge, but under the Applications tab and not under Background Processes. I checked her startup apps to make sure that it wasn't trying to start the application at logon and it wasn't there.

What would be causing these processes to start and get stuck in "Background Processes?" 

Thanks to anyone that can help get this resolved

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_57ba70 Sorry to hear your business voice edge has been having issues. I am relieved to hear you were able to resolve this. It may be helpful to name those 8 voice edge processes stuck under Background Processes for a more detailed understanding of why they are stuck.  

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_ThomasC​ 

Hello,

So they're just called VoiceEdge.exe, same as when the app is open. It's acting like the application is already opened when it isn't. Basically, at startup, computer boots up, user logs in. Normal startup apps start. If you open task manager before doing anything else, you'll see VoiceEdge.exe, it looks like it's actually 7 that are running under background processes, all called VoiceEdge, or VoiceEdge.exe if you're looking at the details tab.  Under the "Apps" tab in processes, there will only be one application running, and that is Task Manager. 

Then, opening VoiceEdge, the window, which would normally have the login, comes up and immediately closes.

Only when we force close those 7 or so VoiceEdge.exe processes from "Background Processes", does the VoiceEdge window stay open. It'll open, show "loading" for a second or two before going to the login screen. 

If Task Manager is checked at that point, no "Background Processes" for VoiceEdge exist, they're all under "Apps"... so at this point, "Apps" only has Task Manager and VoiceEdge under it. 

Hopefully this helps

Official Employee

• 

2 Messages

When is the last time Cache and Cookies were cleared from the app? I find the same thing happens when I open Chrome at the start of the day with numerous processes running despite only having one tab or function running.