Skip to content
rositobisanieast's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 21st, 2019 12:00 PM

Picking up another extention

If there is a call coming into another extention and they are not at their desk, how do I pick up that call from a different extention/phone?  I've found several methods online and they do not work: *9xxxx#, *59xxx dial

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

Hey there! Happy Friday to you! I hope you are doing well this evening! We are very grateful for your patience and for spending your time this evening to reach out to the Comcast Digital Care team for help with picking up a call from a different extension/phone. I am someone who always wants to have full control of my incoming calls so I understand the concern! In order to research this further, can you tell me what type of voice service you have? -Gabriel

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

business voice edge

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much. Let's see what we can find out for you. Can I have your business address, and primary contact for the account? -Rob 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I want to know too and according to the codes, it's *98 but that doesn't work.  I'm a Voice Edge user with a polycom 5something phone.  Can you advise?  Why is it a secret and why wasn't answer posted.  that defeats the purpose of a community blog spot

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

From what I've found out, it's not possible.  The only solution that I've gotten is that you can put a second extention onto a phone, but every time the extention you are 'sharing' rings both phones will ring.  There isn't a way to pick up any extention.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If you look at my post, you'll see that I said I have Voice Edge

@Comcast_Gabe wrote:

Hey there! Happy Friday to you! I hope you are doing well this evening! We are very grateful for your patience and for spending your time this evening to reach out to the Comcast Digital Care team for help with picking up a call from a different extension/phone. I am someone who always wants to have full control of my incoming calls so I understand the concern! In order to research this further, can you tell me what type of voice service you have? -Gabriel

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

5 years ago

I am so sorry about that and can you send us a private message with your name, the full address, and phone number to the account? 

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our business forums. I would love to assist with the phone service issues. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have Business Edge and i have an office mate who is never at his desk and his phone rings and i want to pick it up but the *code I was given doesn't work, I need a resolution please

Official Employee

• 

43 Messages

Hello, thanks for reaching out on our Business Forum page about this star code issue. My team would be more than happy to help and would need to further look into this on our end, so that we can get it figured out and corrected. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full-service address, and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@Comcast_Amira how and where do I send the pm? 

Official Employee

• 

43 Messages

My apologies, can you please send me a Private Message by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle Comcast Business to send us a private message. Let me know if you're still unable to do so. 

We look forward to assisting you with this! 

New problem solver

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

This shouldn't require any PMs... simply post the link to how to setup Call Pickup Groups.

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/voice/manage-call-pickup-group-settings-for-business-voiceedge

We have BVE and have this enabled and it works as advertised.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

You can! To pick up a call you can go to any phone on the network, dial *88 and then enter the extension where the call was parked followed by the # key. It is a little cumbersome, but it does work. To park the call without the park buttons, you can answer the call, then press hold, then hit "new call", type in *68 and then the extension you want to park it at followed by the # key. 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

• 

4 Messages

@kproctor​ I find the call park to be annoying. We should be able to put a call on hold and someone else pick it up and click that line. Most other phones work this way.