Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 1:25 PM

invalid provisioning details

I just got a new phone from our comcast rep and when I turn it on there is a message that says invalid provisioning details and then time and date out of sync as well as a line through the device name. How can I fix this

Official Employee

• 

76 Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_c70204 I am sorry to hear your phone is giving you an issue. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you completed? Have you reached out to your Comcast Representative directly since they were the one who provided you with the phone? 

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

@Comcast_Dena​ this is my troubleshooting. How can I set up the phone here on site because typically we just plug and go

Official Employee

• 

76 Messages

@user_c70204 Please send me a Direct Message with your name, business name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

76 Messages

@user_c70204 Have you reached out to your Comcast Representative since this is the second phone you have had issues with? 

Official Employee

• 

76 Messages

9 months ago

@user_c70204 Can you confirm is this a business cell phone or desk phone? Since you stated plug and go I am guessing it is a desk phone but I do not like to assume. 😀

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Yes business desk phone. Poly Trio 8300. I assigned a static ip to the device in our LAN range and disabled dhcp, however on the phone it still says dhcp is still enabled under phone information

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

9 months ago

I got a second new polycom desk phone for my business with no admin password given and the defaults are not working. PLEASE HELP I need to assign a static IP for the phone and cannot do this without it. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Second phone in a row without a password given

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Hello, @user_c70204 Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list (an "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!