Skip to content
justinwp's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 28th, 2019 12:00 PM

Incoming Call Transfer - Retain Caller ID

Need to know the process in which our reception should forward phone calls recieved calls to properly retain caller ID. 

Right now, when she forwards a call, the persona picking up the call seeing that it is coming from our receptionist - the caller ID is not passing through.

Thanks,

Justin. 

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time for reaching out through our business forums. I am happy to assist with the caller id concerns. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, the service address and the account number or phone number.

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi Michelle, 

I have the same question. We have more than one individual who transfers answered phone calls, and we need to have the caller ID retained during, and after the transfer. Right now it appears the call is coming from our own staff. It can be very confusing on a busy day. Can you help with this? I am unable to find any setting for this in VE management. 

Thank you. 

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, we are so sorry to see that you are having the same issue and you have reached the right team to help get this taken care of. Can you please private message your name, the full address, and phone/account number? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We are having the same issue.  Can you post the instructions on your manual?

Official Employee

• 

45 Messages

Good morning @user_a39e90, I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue. Rest assured our team will be happy to further assist. Can you please private message your name, the full address, and phone number on the account? 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

We are having this same problem. Was there a resolution to this issue??? 

Official Employee

• 

19 Messages

@user_fa0e4b Thank you for reaching out on the Comcast Business Forums. I am happy to assist you. Is this an issue that just started? 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

No this has been an issue for some time. When we transfer a call from the be anwhere app it shows the original caller ID of the caller. When it is transferred from the reception (main phone) it shows the caller ID from our own business so the end user who is getting the call transferred to doesn't know who it is. 

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

Thanks for letting us know, @user_fa0e4b Just to confirm, when you receive inbound calls to your main phone line from a customer and transfer the call to another number, it changes from the callers name to your own business name. Does this sound correct?

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

yes, that is correct. Also when we transfer from the be anywhere app the id stays as the original caller

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

Thanks for confirming that for me. After reviewing this further, I see that when an inbound call comes into the main number and is forwarded, each individual user of where the call is being transferred to can manage their caller ID through My Account. Here is a link to more details. Please let me know if this helps.