Skip to content
B

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 1:56 PM

Firewall Rules for Edgewater and OTP Phones

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to configure my site firewalls to beef up security on my Phone VLAN. I have 2 sites one has the edgewater gateway and the other site is OTP. What ports do I need to allow for each site? Also is there a list of known Comcast IPs that I can direct my traffic to so I can minimize unwanted WAN traffic?  

Thanks in advance!

Recognized Contributor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out! Please let us know if this link helps here Port Configuration for your Comcast Business Gateway | Comcast Business Support

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for the reply,

However, I am specifically looking for ports I need to allow for my Edgewater and OTP phones so I can basically deny any other external traffic. I have a 3rd party firewall so my config is a little different but the port rules would still be the same. 

Recognized Contributor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

Got it! Thank you for that.  I would need to gather some more information so I can look into this further.

. Please send us a private message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
  • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it