Skip to content
Grace_Church's profile

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, July 27th, 2023 3:23 PM

Changing the Time Zone Does not Change the Time (Polycom VVX350)

I am the office administrator at a church, and we had Comcast installed yesterday and I cannot adjust the time. I go to home, settings, basic, preferences, Time, and date, and adjust the time zone to PST.   It shows it is on PST, but the time does not change. I tried a few other random time zones, and the time will not change. 

Currently it says 9:20am which would be MST right now. I am PST which is one hour behind. 

Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @user_0c2ab6! Thanks for reaching out to us on the business forums! I hope you are doing well aside from the issues you are having with the handset not displaying the correct time zone. I had a look at the modem and the DVA and they both have the correct times showing there from what I could see. Have you tried to unhook the ethernet cord from the back of the phone and hook it back in to see if it would sync to the proper time zones from the modems?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_MichaelC​ Thanks for the quick response.  I just unpluged the the ethernet cord and plugged it back in. It did change to 9:01am but then switched back to 10:01am after it booted up. The phone is 1 hour ahead still. 

Any other ideas?  We are in Arizona which is PST. My phone is 1 hour ahead.  

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

I do believe the default password for those phones is 456 from a quick google search.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

456 did not work. "Sorry, try again"

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

You are welcome and thank you for trying that. That certainly is odd that it's not kicking over to the right time zone. When you go into the settings of the phone, do you have an admin section you can select from?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_MichaelC​ 

I just tried to go to Advance and it asked for a password that I do not have. I am the only employee here at the church that would have a password so I don't think it was set up yet. is there a initial password?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

<Edited: PII info> - Office Administrator

There is only one desk phone and one cordless phone and I am the only one who will ever touch either.   

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

Gotcha! Did you just recently get this phone or has the company had it for a while?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

It was installed yesterday.  Thanks for your help.  

I think I will call one of the local guys and see if they can come out sometime. I have a few things I can not figure out. 

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

Sounds like the phone might need to have a factory reset done on it. If you would like us to see about getting a tech out there to further assist you, please click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Comcast Business in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name, Full address, and account number so we may further assist you.