Skip to content
JMOUNTS's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 4:00 PM

Change name displayed on polycom phone

A person no longer works here and I want to change the name to "conference room" on that line.  Even though the change is made in the portal, it does not update on the actual phone.

BTW: If the user interface is poor by design and requires customer support, then comcast should impove access to customer support. It should nopt take literally an hour on hold just to have people like "Ian" pick up and put me on hold again. Way to go comcast this is horrible.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I know how important the services are to your business and I would love to assist you in getting this updated. I am so very sorry to hear that you spent so much time on hold. I would love to turn this around for you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You want my account number and address to answer help my question? This is such a horrible proces. What a waste of time. I give up *UCK IT

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your time and patience. We truly want to help with getting the name changed for that line. Since the change was made in the portal and does not update on the phone, we will need to pull up the account. If you change your mind, please feel free to reach out through a private message with your first/last name, address, and account number or phone number listed on the account so we can take a look at what’s going on. We are here to help 24/7.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue and need assistance please.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I would love to assist with changing the name display. I would love to dig further into this with you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

I've had a similar issue. Here's what I've done, which works most of the time. 

Head into your Business VoiceEdge portal.

Select Users (between Services pull-down and Account details in my portal)

Find the user no longer there and click on Settings below their name.

Delete the user.

From the previous screen (listing of users), Add new user.

Type in Conference and Room for first and last names. Add an email address.

Now, go to your Manager Dashboard.

Scroll down to the user no longer there.

Click on Manage.

Unassign user.

Select User.

Choose the account you just created by clicking on Assign.

Save.

What i have done in the past that usually works is simply to go to the Services pull-down and choose Business VoiceEdge User.

Select the User and click on Manage Settings.

There I should be able to change the User name or location and Caller ID display name.

Where I've had trouble on one occassion is the Caller ID display name. I would change it and change it and change it and it would always revert to a previous user's name.

I had to call in to support and get the person on the other end to make that change.

Support is too often a "black box" where administrators have no idea how things get done, things we ought to be able to do, ourselves.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Tried to PM you and could not get anywhere.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

I am sorry for the delay and what happens when you try to send us a private message? 

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

4 years ago

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out and for your patience. I appreciate you for providing this information. Here is also a great link for seamlessly checking on softphone reference guides. https://comca.st/3aby2ti Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns, so we can further assist.