Skip to content
U

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 6:38 PM

Change display name without access to portal?

Hello,

The company I work for uses a total of 6 Polycom VVX 310s through VoiceEdge (I have copies of emails going over the initial setup). Over the years we have lost and gained employees, and it's got to the point where almost every employee has the incorrect display name attached to their line.

Unfortunately, we cannot seem to access any VoiceEdge interface within My Account on business.comcast.com, nor can we log into the VoiceEdge desktop app. I also tried logging into the Polycom Web Configuration Utility, but the default passwords I could find online were not working.

How do we go about getting that Polycom Web Configuration Utility password? Or what is the best method of changing a display name without access to any of the portals? At this point I'm not too entirely sure we even have VoiceEdge anymore, based off what My Account shows.

Thank you for your time.

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_528e5a, and thank you for reaching out to us for assitance with you access to VoiceEdge issue. I would be happy to help in any way I can to get this resolved for you. 

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Eric​ Unfortunately, it is not showing "Xfinity Support" to be a valid recipient of my message. Is there another name I could try?

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

That would be the only one to get you directly to us. To confirm, are you signed in to forums to allow a direct message to us? 

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Eric​ As far as I can tell, yes. I am signed into a profile, which allows me to reply in this thread, and I do not have "Opt out of Direct Messaging" checked.

When I type "Xfinity Support" into the "Type the name of a person" box, nothing appears except numerous users with "Support" in their name. Nothing appears when I only type "Xfinity".

I appreciate your timely responses!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Try this. 

To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/2XfS9FQ for an example.

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Amir​ These are my results when typing "Xfinity Support" as the message recipient:

Xfinity Support is not an option.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding! Can you please send the direct message to 'Comcast Business'? 

I no longer work for Comcast.