Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, March 19th, 2024 5:24 PM

cant find where to change transfer name

Hello, 

I have changed over the name of an old employee to a new one. Caller ID, number name, etc but when someone calls our main line, and inputs their extension it says transferring to ____ and the old employees name, where do i change that?

Official Employee

• 

45 Messages

7 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Comcast Business Support here on our Community Forum @user_c70204!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can.  Just so we can clarify, you are looking to update the caller ID on your landline phone, and not complete a change of ownership on the account, correct?

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Its not the caller ID on the phone that has been changed. When you dial our main office number and hit an extension, the voice on the phone says transferring to... and an employee who no longer works here

Official Employee

• 

45 Messages

7 months ago

Understood!  Thanks so much for that clarification @user_c70204!  Do you have access to Business Voice Edge?  You are able to update and change outgoing voicemails within the app or by logging into My Account at business.comcast.com/myaccount.  From the menu icon, select Manage Business VoiceEdge.  Under "Subscribed Services" select Business VoiceEdge User.  From there you can choose the user you would like to manage.  There you can change voicemail and other options for that specific user.  

New Contributor

• 

21 Messages

@Comcast_Armand​ I understand, i made all those changes and it still says transferring to and the wrong employee name

Official Employee

• 

27 Messages

user_c70204 appreciate the details! Happy to hear that was finalized. The process that is in motion now would be the Hunt Grouping. That is pretty easy to modify, I included a great link here below. This would be the spot you would remove that previous employee. You can update the name if there is someone new at this desk or just deactivate the user which still preserves that extension to activate later. 

https://business.comcast.com/support/article/voice/manage-hunt-group-settings-online/