Skip to content
D

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, July 27th, 2023 6:40 PM

Advanced settings for vvx311

Is there a way to access the advanced settings on a Polycom VVX311? I don't have a PIN. The last item I saw was years ago for a VVX400 series.

New problem solver

• 

71 Messages

1 year ago

@debi Hey there! Thanks for the post. Have you checked out this link to help with this? Is the holdup due to the phone asking for a pin to get the advanced settings? 

https://business.comcast.com/support/article/voice/manage-busy-lamp-field-settings-for-business-voiceedge

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

@Comcast_Jodie​ 

Hi Jodie,

Actually it's a different problem. It's pretty strange and I'll attempt to explain it to you:

1. The phone originally was assigned to someone else - His name was Allen

2. Allen left and the phone was reassigned to Kelsey - everything seems to work just fine

3. Last week there was an outage and the display on Kelsey's phone showed Allen's information

4. When the phones came back online, Kelsey's phone display is correct

The question is, how do we get to the information for Allen that appeared when the phones were down. I probably should have led with that.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Official Employee

• 

13 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. This link has information on how to backup and restore data to the phone https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/device-troubleshooting?page=topic/pc-connection/backup-and-restore-data/device. 

• 

6 Messages

I am trying to accomplish 2 things:

1. I'm trying to get to the advanced setting on the physical Polycom VVX311 and I don't know the password.

2. The problem is whenever the phone system goes down, the display on Kelsey's phone reverts back to the prior owner named Allen. How do we clear that information?

BTW - I've taken over for Debi.

Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I am still checking on the display issue, but the default administrator password should be 456, can you give that a try and let me know if it works?

• 

6 Messages

We tried 456, but it didn't work. Thanks for your continuing help.

(edited)