Comcast_Jessie's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

146 Messages

Wed, Jun 6, 2018 9:00 AM

Comcast Business Phone Issue

**UPDATE: 06/08/18 - 06:30 PM EST**

Outage update: Here is an explanation of what happened - Our engineers immediately began troubleshooting and found a failure of a sub system in our voice infrastructure. Our national voice infrastructure is fully redundant and our backup systems normally operate successfully when unexpected issues happen. This specific issue has never occurred and restoration took longer than expected. We will be reaching out to customers who were impacted to give them more information and to apologize directly.

Responses

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Who is going to pay for my loss of business for the last two days, and how do I start the process of this ???? thank You Mike

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same problem with our stores in St. Paul & St Louis Pk MN.  Tried calling Comcast support.  Hold time was "more than 1 hour 30 minutes", so I didn't bother to stay on the line.

Unbelievable.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing in Jacksonville Florida 32204.  Before Comcast website quit working, the support page said to reset modem via reset button on back to restore service.  Before I could do this the phone rang with a telemarketer.  Phones are operating normally for now.  The reset may or may not work as I did not get to test it.  May help?  Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Comcast outage has affected us too in Miami FL, we are in insurance, have internet today but no telephones.

We hired both providers Comcast and AT&T, for high speed internet in different sites, to prevent this kind of things from happening and incredibly both services had issues on the same date,

I spent all day yesterday troublehooting the ATT issue that started with a firmware update on June 6 at 1:30AM to a Pace PLC #5031NV-030 Hardware Version 2701-000875-004 Software Version 10.5.6.529707-att. This update changed the way DMZ worked for me and forced a second firewall on to the DMZ'd hardware. If you have this gateway bridged with a router behind with server and in DMZ and clients in LAN, it will no longer function as before unless you do this. Go to Firewall/Advanced Configuration and allow any outbound protocols your DMZ/LAN will need. For example, if you wish to access an outside website as https google com from a client on your LAN or from a server in DMZ you must check https on and so on. Dont allow PING to confuse you here, it will work from the LAN and the PACE, the PACE service says UP, but is NOT.

I posting this hoping will help someone with the same setup. best regards.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Extremely unhappy Comcast Biz customer here. Second day with NO PHONES at my business!  This is inexcusable!  Do you have an expected recovery time?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We suffered from the outage as well.   When customers called our line, they only got a busy signal.    Our pharmacy phones usually ring all day, so the loss of business and future business will never be known.    Comcast really should have come up with some way to tell callers what was going on.