Comcast_Jessie's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

150 Messages

Wed, Jun 6, 2018 9:00 AM

Comcast Business Phone Issue

**UPDATE: 06/08/18 - 06:30 PM EST**

Outage update: Here is an explanation of what happened - Our engineers immediately began troubleshooting and found a failure of a sub system in our voice infrastructure. Our national voice infrastructure is fully redundant and our backup systems normally operate successfully when unexpected issues happen. This specific issue has never occurred and restoration took longer than expected. We will be reaching out to customers who were impacted to give them more information and to apologize directly.

Responses

Administrator

• 

150 Messages

3 y ago

Removed for violating forum guideline: "Inappropriate tag">

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

We are desperate. We cannot call  you Comcast or anybody else. Outgoing phones come up with busy signals. We cannot even log into Comcast Login. Any ideas?

Thanks

JoDee Piersol, Owner

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

OUr phones have been going down for 4 days!  Customers are attempting to call us and presuming WE ARE OUT OF BUSINESS!  We cannot maintain a business with unreliable phone service!  Service outages 'in our area' have continued for DAYS!  We need phone service to survive. 

@Comcast_Jessie wrote:

On 06/06/18, some Comcast Business customers have reported the inability to make or receive calls. We are aware of this issue and are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible.

As soon as any updates become available we will be sure to post them here.

Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to get this resolved.

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Phones are UP in Illinois...except that calls aren't ringing through to 2nd line and going to voicemail instead. I'll take what I can get for the afternoon!

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Our business lines in Pikesville (21208) are not working either.  Can not make or receive calls.  Customer Service line is busy as well.  When calling our office number, people get a busy signal only.

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

The same here in Wood Dale, IL

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

When I called in they told me it was a multi state level outage and they could not get access to be able to forward my phones. Can not log into their business website to be able to manually turn on call forwarding, and the comcast business app says that call forwarding is turned on, but it's not working. This is a MASSIVE outage on their side of the network and it is leaving countless numbers of business customers completely without working phones both in and outbound!

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

@ApplianceMan15605 wrote:

When I called in they told me it was a multi state level outage and they could not get access to be able to forward my phones. Can not log into their business website to be able to manually turn on call forwarding, and the comcast business app says that call forwarding is turned on, but it's not working. This is a MASSIVE outage on their side of the network and it is leaving countless numbers of business customers completely without working phones both in and outbound!

Thank you, ApplianceMan, for this info! Would love if the Comcast Community Member could also respond! 🙂

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Phone service also down in Brookline, Massachusetts.

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

No phone service in Boulder, CO

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

with phone service out my calls are supposed to automatically transfer to a cell phone.  it is not doing that and i am unable to login to my account to manually do it.  have been on hold for 40 minutes waiting for an agent

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Same issue here in MA.

Dialtone but any number dialed gives busy signal.

Incoming calls get message "you have reached a non-working number" ...

hope folks don't think that we went out of business.

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Just kidding.  A call came through. Now lines down again. 

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

I'm not even able to login online...keep getting error message but internet is working. Just not Comcast Account site, apparently.

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

We are out too.  Too bad we couldn't get a heads up to forward calls to cell phone.