Skip to content
B

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 1:45 PM

Chan_SIP to PJ_SIP

We have had Comcast SIP service for some years now with no real problems.  The next upgrade of our asterisk (freepbx) will not work with Chan_SIP and will require PJ_SIP.

My question is: Do we need to change any settings on our trunk configuration to support this or will the trunks work as they are configured?

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @bbrent thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post. You've contacted the right place for assistance, and I want to help answer your question. Investigating, I found this on the freePBX community page, and it looks like it's just the pjsip settings that need to be updated: https://community.freepbx.org/t/what-settings-need-to-change-to-convert-chan-sip-to-chan-pjsip/92004

• 

3 Messages

Thank you Justin.  

The settings I have from Comcast only include:

host=192.168.XXX.XXX
type=peer
allow=g711&ulaw
session-minse=930
session-expires=1920
session-timers=originate
dtmfmode=rfc2833

So I wasn't sure if I needed more settings for PJ_SIP.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

bbrent I'd definitely like to look into this futher, from experience I know access to trunk settings/info may be limited. But we do partner with our wonderful Comcast Business advanced repair experts I can reach out to if needed. 

Since I will need to gather some information to locate your Comcast Business account, and we don't want that in our public conversation. When you have time, please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Comcast Business Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the business name, and the service address

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

2 months ago

@bbrent I appreciate you sending the DM with the requested information, I'll follow up with you there to continue.