Skip to content
train_wreck's profile

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

Thu, Dec 11, 2014 4:00 PM

Why are static IP prices going up by $5?

Sorry to be a thorn in the side yet again but......

Can someone explain to me why the prices of static IPs are going up (again)? What "maintenance costs" are there for static IPs, that result in Comcast needing to charge more for them?

http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/accounts-billing/comcast-business-price-change-2015

Responses

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

6 years ago

@tmittelstaedt wrote:

I have signed many telco contracts and for at least the last decade (if not longer) they have ALL referenced URLs for the T&Cs.

Well ,mine doesn't. Like the other poster named "Danger", my contract was a 4-page legal document that lists no URLs or addendums of any kind. Now, the TOC's on the website may still apply to my account even though they weren't stated in the contract, and that may be how they are able to pull this.

@tmittelstaedt wrote:

Talk to your sales rep.

I actually called in & talked to a sales rep (wasn't "my" sales rep; "my" sales rep's phone number stopped working many months ago). The discussion was fruitless to the point of being comical. ZERO knowledge of an issue this technical. 😞

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Just call the number on your bill and speak to someone in billing.  I told them about the problem (increase from $20 to $25 for static IP) and he said it was a new change and we should have been notified.  I saw no notification, and told him we just signed the contract (through a sales rep) that clearly states it was $20 for the 3 year term.  I told him there was no small print disclaimers saying this price could change.  He said there isn't anything that can be done about it, so I told him I wanted to speak to a manager.  I was on hold for about 40 minutes, but then the billing rep came back on and said rather than have to put me through to a manager and then go back through him, he would just change it on the system.  It's kinda funny how they try to play games with you when all along they can do what's right.