What does it take to get a billing error fixed?
In June of 2021 I signed a Comcast Enterprise Services Sales Order Form to move our Business Voice Edge services to a new building, two blocks from our previous location. Our move was scheduled for August 2021.
Due to delays with Comcast provisioning and ridiculous amounts of ineptitude, we finally got our service turned up at the new location mid-October 2021. Since that time we've been billed $998 per month more than the monthly recurring charges on the Sales Order Form. These charges are for 40 lines at $24.95 each. Our previous billing at the old address had no charges for lines, and the Sales Order Form also has no charges for lines.
I've been trying since December to get this fixed. There are multiple closed Service Request Tickets on our accounts. I've sent in copies of the signed Sales Order Form. Every time I call the billing rep is able to see the documentation and description of the problem. We're now being charged late fees and Comcast is threatening on the invoice to disconnect our service, and as of the May 1st bill we're owed a credit of $7,495. I just called and spoke to yet another person who promised to escalate the ticket, and he also informed me that the previous ticket was closed and a credit of $500 is being applied to our account.
I've got sales people calling me weekly, trying to sell me VOIP systems. At this point I'm thinking it'll be easier to rip out our Voice Edge and replace it with something else. If Comcast isn't going to honor the 36-month contract then we're not bound by it either.