Web Services

Email Migration to Microsoft Office 365

SOLVED
hue03
Visitor

Email Migration to Microsoft Office 365

I received an email saying that my email will be migrated to Microsoft Office 365.

The email says, "By migrating to Office 365 you are accepting the terms of agreement within."  What are those terms of agreement?  Where can I find it?

It also says, "Going forward Comcast Business will continue to honor the free email boxes for the duration of your contract."  Does that mean for the duration of the contract until it is renewed or until I ultimately cancel my account/contract?

If it is the case that I will incur charges for these email boxes, how do I opt out of the migration and cancel my email boxes?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Email Migration to Microsoft Office 365

4Crawler, thank you for sharing your experience.  After reading your post, I checked out my Cloud Solutions account.  Under Account -> Dashboard, I can see that Office 365 Business Essentials was added 8 days ago.  Clicking it takes me to the Manage Apps page.  When I click on the Update Subscription tab, I can see that the plan costs $6.95 / User / Month, but a discount was also applied, saying that I "Save $6.95 on the first 24 payments".  Furthermore, at the bottom, it says that:

• "Total recurring monthly fee as of 09/30/17:  $0.00"
  • "Total recurring monthly fee as of 03/29/19, after 24 months discount:  $6.95"

Thankfully, this clearly answers my question.  I'm getting the free email box for the duration of my current contract until it gets renewed, which is apparently 2 years.  I can rest assured that the migration shouldn't cost anything, but  I'm still going to keep an eye on any unruly charges.  Thanks again 4Crawler.

View solution in context
17 REPLIES
Official Employee

Hi hue03.

Thanks for reaching out in regards to the Office 365 migration. For any questions regarding the new email platform including terms of agreement and billing concerns, please call 8558675010. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything. 

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Re-directing people to a black hole of options that don't DO what they say they will do (i.e. "press 1 to remain on the line" or "press 2 to leave a message".... gets voicemail. Everytime.) just isn't a solution.   Passing the buck from "Business support" to the "Coud Desk" isn't support because you KNOW it's a dead-end.  You have been told, repeatedly (here and via phone) that Cloud Solutions is a dead-end.  They dont call back for days, then call one minute before closing time and leave a message on a one-ring call!  This just isn't acceptable.  Please recognize the problem, how you are contributing to it, and come up with a real solution.  Please.

bizuser

agreed, pressed 1 and was disconnected.   

just trying to remotely access email, or figure out how to remotely access, 

maybe an email from comcast with instructions....  would help us figure this out, and unclog the help desk.

Official Employee

Hi bizuser and welcome to the support forums. 

I would like to review the email issues you're experiencing. Please private message me your account number, the name of your business and the associated emails in question. 

4Crawler
Contributor

hue03 wrote:

I received an email saying that my email will be migrated to Microsoft Office 365.

The email says, "By migrating to Office 365 you are accepting the terms of agreement within."  What are those terms of agreement?  Where can I find it?

It also says, "Going forward Comcast Business will continue to honor the free email boxes for the duration of your contract."  Does that mean for the duration of the contract until it is renewed or until I ultimately cancel my account/contract?

If it is the case that I will incur charges for these email boxes, how do I opt out of the migration and cancel my email boxes?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

For me, my "free" mail box lasted all of 3 weeks until I was charged for it.  In fact, someone set up a Cloud Solutions account for me and signed me up for the Online Essentials package without my authorization 3 weeks BEFORE I was migrated.  I never knew I had this account until I got an e-mail thanking me for my purchase!!! I still don't know who signed me up for this or who approved taking this money from my account.  I know I didn't sign up for it and in fact, you'll not find the "Office 365 Exchange Online Essentials" app listed in the Cloud Solutions applications page, so it's impossible for me to subscribe to.

You'll need to log into your Cloud Solutions account, which was likely set up the same way as mine and cancel that Online Essentials package.  You can't opt out of the migration.  I never opted in, but I was migrated anyway. 

hue03
Visitor

4Crawler, thank you for sharing your experience.  After reading your post, I checked out my Cloud Solutions account.  Under Account -> Dashboard, I can see that Office 365 Business Essentials was added 8 days ago.  Clicking it takes me to the Manage Apps page.  When I click on the Update Subscription tab, I can see that the plan costs $6.95 / User / Month, but a discount was also applied, saying that I "Save $6.95 on the first 24 payments".  Furthermore, at the bottom, it says that:

• "Total recurring monthly fee as of 03/29/19, after 24 months discount:  $6.95"

Thankfully, this clearly answers my question.  I'm getting the free email box for the duration of my current contract until it gets renewed, which is apparently 2 years.  I can rest assured that the migration shouldn't cost anything, but  I'm still going to keep an eye on any unruly charges.  Thanks again 4Crawler.

4Crawler
Contributor

hue03 wrote:

Sounds like you are covered for the time being.  Isn't it comforting that someone is signing you up for services you are not even aware of?  I guess they didn't honor my contract which had up to 5 free e-mail boxes included in the service when I signed up.  I've never seen a change of terms for that contract but with this migration, those free boxes vanished. 

CARODUGG

i have called sooooo many times its ridiculous!!!!! On hold FOREVER! no time for this have a business run not spending half my day waiting for someone to answer and give same line of BS I've been getting for three plus weeks now - called today and was told someone would call me by end of business day no call so far but guess who's on hold waiting to get an answer - everything I have been told is a BLANTANT LIE!!!! ready to dump Comcast and find another provider at this point aggravated is beyond what I am now!

Emails there have been two well maybe four one notifying me of this migration, next one to download the outlook assistant and my date this was scheduled for was September 12th what a joke! Comcast really needed to work thru the glitches, etc.. before notifying customers this was happening, this office has been around for a few years now and is good but I hope they are not going to ask for money for this.  Frustrated Tow Company owner

camshopemail

We are got into exactly the same boat here with Comcast migrate email to Office 365 which is the sucky experience so far (3wks into it) SLOW to open,take more time to be able to reply ,missing emails 

from previous contact

We need Comcast to honnor the contract with free email with internet service ,let alone now we have to pay for extra Cloud solution service 6.95/month with less then expected 

FIx it right ,do it right Comcast Please!

CARODUGG

no way I'm paying extra for the *hitty sevice I have received

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

It pains me to read the canned responses from Comcast ... "For more information, call ..." when there is NOBODY AT those numbers to receive our call.  Kinda like the "24 hr Business Help"... isn't it, which is apparently open 9-5 and too busy to return repeated messages left.  Poor show, Comcast.  Poor show.

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Update:  For anyone that cares (at comcast)... The date today is 10/11/17 and I have yet to receive a single complete response call to correct the horrible migration fiasco.  Best progress, to date, has been to access a SINGLE (relatively minor) company email account.  Meanwhile, the rest of the situation remains in he black hole of Business Service response time.  Leaving messages gets no result.  Calling numbers gets more message machines.  When are you going to figure out that a "dedicated response" is necessary to un-screw the mess you put your customers in????  Am sick of seeing your people "pretend" to be doing something by opening (and closing) tickets repeatedly without every talking to someone at this end.  One would THINK that isses are being addressed, when in fact, you have not yet "heard" or "responded" to the very first call made to you two months ago!  Disgusted.

Tags (1)
jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Ha Ha... an EMAIL.... you mean you have email?   Been waiting for two months for mine to come back.  At least you can email your complaints to nowhere.  

Good luck with that!

:-)

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Agree totally that this migration was a global "sellout" of customers to Microsoft Online Essentials...  I was not given a choice either, although Comcast rollover literature promised one.  Bill was 236.xx  two days ago, now account shows a "zero" balance.   Comcast has no right to continue billing customers for the complete absence of reliable service which they are demonstrating here.  Cannot imagine how they haven't lost more than half of current small businesses over this.  How can any "Business Provider" advertise so much and deliver so little???   (Come on, really, not even a way to open one's own support ticket from the cuonsumer end?)   

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Comcast has been significantly raising prices and reducing services over the past ten years.  I see people saying what happened to my FIVE free inboxes....  when for me it was EIGHT free inboxes.... all "included" with the monthly bill.  Now, under the excuse that "Microsoft won't give us a discount" Comcast has migrated all (prevously free) "inboxes" to Online Essentials as separate "users" at a cost of 5.95/each.   Meanwhile, the monthly comcast bill stays the same, for service farmed out to Microsoft.  Neat trick, eh?

For the record:  My original contract with Comcast included "Free Web hosting, Outlook, and Norton Antivirus for UP TO 25 PC's".... ...  Connections were simple, and reliable, and I could get someone on the phone for Business Support in less than 2 minutes.

Then Comcast rolled out their "UpWare Site and Business Portal" and magically, additional charges for "apps" started to happen.  One free NAV (for up to three PC's) now....

Then the "new and improved" so-called Cloud Solutions... with each previously "free" inbox being rented to (and serviced by) Microsoft, not Comcast, yet boosting my/your bill X $5.95 per each.   No choice about it either.  When a different subscription at Microsoft could have resulted, say, in a "three user agreement" for $12.95/month.

Quite frankly, something's fishy, Comcast.  No service.  Little to no "Business Support" follow-thru, and a whole lot of "no choice" options for your customers!  What's with that, fellas?

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Same story.  You must be a small business.  Just take comfort in re-reading Comcast's "Our Business Promise" page over and over again for about two month.  If that wears off, we can complain/commiserate here since there's apparently no OTHER way to actually "register" an unsolved issue.

Highlighted
jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Glad to see that MANY other Business Customers are picking up on the fast and loose nature of this migration.  Seems like a completely unsupported "dodge" and "bat and switch".  Wait until you get fully Migrated and can't tell WHO is calling from WHERE when you need support.  This is completely unacceptable.  And, by the way, I noticed that my Account Billing statement has been reduced to ZERO this month (thanks a lot), which is the least Comcast can do, but is NOT the kind of "support" promised in any of their sales pitches (ever).   Time to refocus on your mission, Comcast.  Time to put some humans on the job and get rid of your endless loop of voicemail, automated responses, and dropped calls!

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 7 in conversation