Microsoft Services & Apps

Outlook 2010/2013/20XX cannot connect to Office 365 "cannot make encrypted connection"

alvint
Occasional Visitor

Outlook 2010/2013/20XX cannot connect to Office 365 "cannot make encrypted connection"

Hello,

Domain: Sudevelopment.com

So some employees can't get Outlook 2010/2013 to connect to Office 365 email accounts when adding new account.

It says something like "cannot make encrypted connection". The credentials used are correct so I have them using the webmail Portal.Office.com so it's not an emergency situation but it's definitely an unusual problem...

I tried clearing out Managed Credentials in Windows 8/10 that were still pointed to the old Comcast Hosted Exchange but it didn't seem to do anything. Also did repairs on Outlook to be sure, no change either.

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES
Official Employee

Re: Outlook 2010/2013/20XX cannot connect to Office 365 "cannot make encrypted connection"

Hi alvint.

I would like to review this login issue. Please private message me the emails impacted by this. 

EKelleyKPS

Re: Outlook 2010/2013/20XX cannot connect to Office 365 "cannot make encrypted connection"

I am having the exact same issue.  I can login to the O365 portal and Outlook Web solution, but Outlook 2013 fails to authenticate (using the same credentials that work on the web) when I try to add this email account.  Were you able to get this issue resolved?  It's a major problem for me!

Official Employee

Hi EKelleyKPS and welcome to the business forums. 

I would like to review your Outlook issue. Please private message me your full name, the full service address and the phone number associated on the account. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation