Microsoft Services & Apps

Exchange-Office 365 migration

SOLVED
boogie70

Exchange-Office 365 migration

Good Morning,

I just received an email this morning regarding the migration of MS Exchange to Office 365 with my scheduled migration date of 9/25/17.  As with most "informative" messages from Comcast the content is severely lacking.  If Comcast_Phil or one of the other reps monitoring the forums would answer the following questions, so I can make an informed decision, I would greatly appreciate it.

1.  As pointed out by another post, the email sent regarding the migration, states the cost would be "lower" than what you're paying now.  As email/Exchange was included in my original contract for service, what is the cost for migrating to Office 365 for email and or cost per mailbox?

2.  As my email is "run" from a sub-domain, also included in my original contract, how will this work with the migration should I choose to remain with Office 365?  Will that domain be migrated as well?

3. If I choose a different solution for email, how long will it take for Comcast to release and or forward the DNS for the other domain?

Thank You.

Accepted Solution

Re: Exchange-Office 365 migration

1. If it's like my account, which had e-mail included at no additional cost, you'll be billed an additional $5.95/mail box at a minimum.  Since my internet service bill did not increase, this is an additional $5.95/month I would have had to pay.  Of and if you have phone service, add $5.00/mo. for each voice mail box.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES
4Crawler
Contributor

1. If it's like my account, which had e-mail included at no additional cost, you'll be billed an additional $5.95/mail box at a minimum.  Since my internet service bill did not increase, this is an additional $5.95/month I would have had to pay.  Of and if you have phone service, add $5.00/mo. for each voice mail box.

boogie70

Thanks for the input 4Crawler! 

jhl-BCFC
New Contributor

Yes.... It's interesting how Comcast "explains" the up-selling (from EIGHT free inboxes included with internet bill, to up to EIGHT "billed FOR Microsoft "users")... because Microsoft "doesn't give us a discount for that service".... Guess what, Comcast, Microsoft charges $4.00/month for the same service you are billing out at $5.95/month, and YOU should be absorbing that cost instead of passing it along to your customers!  How F-ing stupid do you think your customers ARE, anyway???

Using this so-called "improvement" (forced migration) as an excuse to incrementally raise rates and provide incrementallyt less service is nothing short of a betrayal of trust that EVERY Business Customer has put in you , some of us for years!   Chickens*it move, Comcast, and it is only outshone by the underwhelming level of "support" to be found at Cloud Solutions.  

Sick of your promises, with no follow-thru.  Sick of reading your webiste for outdated or inaccurate information.  Sick of being transferred from agent to agent and getting dropped calls as a result.  Sick of having to rant here instead of getting some actual focused, directed support.

Let's see how this plays out.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation