IPV6

Static IPv6 and Reverse DNS nameserver delegation

JohnM-Abq
Occasional Visitor

Static IPv6 and Reverse DNS nameserver delegation

I saw the message on Sep. 30 that static IPv6 is now rolled out here in New Mexico, and sure enough, the admin page for my account shows it as having a Static /56, and I've even figured out how to used the 'Advanced' options in pfSense to sub-delegate to several /64 internal subnets.

What I would REALLY like to do now would be to have the reverse DNS for my /56 prefix delegated to my own name servers so that I can manage IPv6 PTR records myself.  Is this possible, maybe via email like it's been for setting individual IPv4 PTR records?

If not, can we at least provide a list of IPv6 addresses and their DNS hostnames like we currently do with IPv4?

4 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Static IPv6 and Reverse DNS nameserver delegation

Hello JohnM-Abq and welcome to forums,

Would you please send me a private message so I can get your request processed? -MPD

JohnM-Abq
Occasional Visitor

I sent a private reply yesterday.. Did you receive it?  I haven't heard anything so far.

momo

Hello

Same here, I really need to have the Ipv6 reverse delegated to our name-servers, it been giving us fit to test our software on ipv6....

Any Comcast tech can help ? I called the 800-# 3 times and so far no luck ....

Official Employee

Hi momo and welcome to the support forums.

I would like to help with your reverse DNS request. Please private message me your account number, your business name, the IP address and what name they should be pointing to.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation