IPV6

IPv6 Setup with Intermediate Router

JeffreyWest
Occasional Visitor

IPv6 Setup with Intermediate Router

I'm attempting to setup IPv6 with an EdgeMax router between my Comcast DPC3939B modem. I have a static IPv4/29 block, and according to the Static IPv6 Rollout Update, my Cisco modem is supported for static IPv6. (I'm in TN region.)

I have followed several guides for setting up the Edgemax, and none seem to work. Not this one, nor this one, nor this other one. All the examples involve using DHCPv6-PD. I have posted on the Ubiquity forums without success.

So my question: Is DHCP the way to approach setup since I already have a static 6 address? I want my internal devices to recevie a IPv6 address, presumably it needs to come from the Edgemax router. Another question: does ping have to be open for teh DCHP v6 to pass addresses?

At this point, I'm pretty stuck and very frustrated. I don't know where the process is broken, and I don't know any more troubleshooting steps. I'd appreciate any guidance.

Jeff

Life's too short for bad wine.
2 REPLIES
techieman75

Re: IPv6 Setup with Intermediate Router

JeffreyWest, I was curious if you ever got things working or if you are still fighting with this?

Highlighted
JeffreyWest
Occasional Visitor

Re: IPv6 Setup with Intermediate Router

No - I never got it working. Had other priorites and coldnt invest additional time.

Life's too short for bad wine.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation