Hardware & Equipment

Re: COMCAST! Serious Problems with [all] Netgear CG3000DCR Gateway! [VIDEO]

Highlighted
codechurn
New Contributor

My solution to the Netgear issue was to luck out and get an SMC D3G as a replacement after having two Netgears. I feel for all of you folks who are stuck with the Netgear hunk of junk.  I had nothing but prolems with mine, and things have been smooth as can be every since I got rid of it.  I don't understand why Comcast doled them gievn they just don't work.  What a bad customer experience. I can't imagine if you were a new customer having gotten one of those that you would have stuck around.

Hopefully the new firmware fixes things.

BTW: I did notice on my old netgear that I was able to access non cusadmin features by removing the 'cus_' from the url on one of the pages.   Once you did that, so long as you clicked on a link from that page, you'd get the admin level version of the page.  The fact that this security flaw existing just proves that the firmware for this device was cobbled together.  I don't know if this hack still works on the newer firmware, but if it does it just proves to show the shabby dev work that went into the netgear. 

Trusted Forum Contributor

WOW, did not know about that admin-level access available. I can confirm it's still there on the 1.34.04 firmware. Not sure if changing these features actually will do anything (a bit scared to try Smiley Winkadmin.png

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation