Equipment & Programming

How to view Comcast TV on a computer

SOLVED
Highlighted
chatty

How to view Comcast TV on a computer

I'd like the 10 or so users with cable in theor office to be able to view television on their PC. I don't necessarily need them to stream, which I understand requires an Xfinity home account. But is there a set top box or PC card I can install that would let the cable signal be viewed on a PC?

thank you.

- Christopher

Accepted Solution

Re: How to view Comcast TV on a computer

Hello chatty and welcome to forums,

Unfortunately using our apps to stream to a PC is our most available option to you at this time. However there are other devices that you can purchase to achieve your goal. You may want to look into purchasing a SlingBox device which will connect to one box and send that signal through the internet to your desired device. I hope this answers your question.

View solution in context
Respected Member

Hello chatty and welcome to forums,

Unfortunately using our apps to stream to a PC is our most available option to you at this time. However there are other devices that you can purchase to achieve your goal. You may want to look into purchasing a SlingBox device which will connect to one box and send that signal through the internet to your desired device. I hope this answers your question.

chatty

I did not think apps were an option because we are on Comcast Business.

SlingBoxes might work. I need to check their specifics. 

Thanks.

-Christopher

ccglass

And are there comcast business apps that allow you to stream tv on a computer?

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation