zymurgyboy
Accepted Solution

Reset SMCD3G-CCR, but now cannot log in

Hi,

I changed the password on my router after installation.  I was able to log in previously, but today I messed up typing my password several times and it appeared I had locked the cusadmin account.  I did a factory reset on the router.  Now when I attempt to log in with the original factory password, I get a message saying "Access Deny".  Using my previous password gives an error saying the password is incorrect.

I think the password has been reset back to the factory password, but the cusadmin account seems to be locked.  Can it be unlocked, or reset somehow?  Is this something I can do myself, or does Comcast have to do it?  I can see no way to fix it in he SMCD3G-CCR manual.

Thanks,

Community Manager
Comcast_Jon

Re: Reset SMCD3G-CCR, but now cannot log in

Hello zymurgyboy,

Welcome to the forum.

I have reset the Comcast IPGW's password to default, please try to log in again.

Thank You

DavidHarris

Hi i am having the same problem with my cd3g

Community Manager
Comcast_John

HI DavidHarris.  The gateway username gateway username/password has been set to the default. (Also, when logging in, do not use HTTPS with the LAN IP. Kudos to Community member <mbrannig> for the tip)..  Let us know if you are still unable to access the gateway.

Thank you

CasualReader

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I did not reset my SMC modem/router, but I did change the admin password.  It accepted my password change; but when I tried to log in again using the new password, it consistently told me that the password was incorrect.  The default password now does not work either.

So, first, I would like my password to be reset as well.

Second, is there a particular reason why it would accept my password change but later reject the same password for login?  I used a password generator to create a 20-character long password consisting of numbers, letters (both upper- and lower-case), hyphens, and underscores.  I first saved the password in my password manager; then copy-and-pasted it into the SMC's browser UI.  So I should not have mis-typed anything.

Finally, where can I download the Comcast IP Gateway user guide for the SMC?

Thanks.

Community Manager
Comcast_John

Welcome CasualReader.  The gateway username/password has been reset to the default.  

There should not be any issues with including special characters in the password, however a space anywhere in the string is considered a character..

Thank You