Equipment (Modems,Gateways)

Is this what "Business Class" is all about?!

SOLVED
sfisher143

Is this what "Business Class" is all about?!

I have had home internet service for years and not really any major issues at all.  Then cause I am moving my business server/radio station from work to home, I sighned up for business service as I know I would go over the cap on home service.  Well first off they said I could no longer use my (costly) router and have to use there Netgear business router, which they charge more for....but ok....  The Netgear router is not good, have to reboot almost daily and no wifi either...had to buy an access point, ok....  Well it being Christmas and all, I decided to wait until after Christmas to call for support. BIG MISTAKE! 

On the day after Christmas I called and they guy said I could use my own Motorola modem as it would work.  Well it worked for about 1 hour then started to reboot itself so I called back and said I really would like one of the SMC modems, as I read here in this forum that they are better.  Well I was night time and the tech said it would be the next day until someone would come out here. So I was promised a tech for Sunday with a window of 12-7PM, well no one called or showed up at all!  I was able to plug in my Netgear and do the online thing and it cam back online and somewhat worked. 

When I got up today, no service again! SO I called back and the tech got the netgear "somewhat working" in "bridge mode" which was fine and we talked on the phone and did speed test and he checked his end and said all is well! Not even two minutes after we hung up, the netgear rebooted and not again I am back to double NAT and none of my stuff working outside! The latest lady on the phone said there will be a tech here today between 4-7PM....why do I not believe her?!!!!!  Is this the crap I am to expect from higher billing and lousey service and total internet failure for switching to "Business Class" when I actually had much better connections with home service and it was alot cheaper too!!!!!

2 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is this what "Business Class" is all about?!

Welcome sfisher143. Sorry to hear that your service issues have not been resolved.  We can assist with scheduling a service call,please send me a private message with your contact info and the account number and I will engage the Local Dispatch office. Comcast Business customers can utilize their own modems for their Business Service. For a list of approved devices for Business Customers click here.  Also Business gateways that does not have static IP address configured can have all router functionality disabled (true bridge mode).  Please let us know how we can assist.

Thank You

sfisher143

Re: Is this what "Business Class" is all about?!

the guy who came out talked to me on the phone, he agreed with me and bought a Cisco dpc3008 and now everything works great. Only problem now is comcast added a second account to my service or something and not for some reason my first bill is not 259$ and it has not even been 4 weeks of service now and I have tried to call and straiten that out, but keep getting the message "we are recieving higher than average calls" "please try to call again later" grrrrrrrrrr.... My bill for the first 3 weeks of service is not equal to 3 month of home service when I never really had any issues? Someone could look into my bill and see why my "home" service was never cut off and yes I got a 250$ bill for business which should of only been 150$ and got another home bill for 89$ which should have turned off the day business was turned on and my deposit given back to me from that?

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation