Equipment (Modems,Gateways)

Can not see Connected Devices

SOLVED
loudog212

Can not see Connected Devices

The service is working great but my gateway will not display the connected devices.  Look at the picture.  The gateway will tell me that there are 16 devices connected but will not display the details.

There is no firewall, just a switch. DHCP is run thru the comcast gateway.  Any ideas what is happening here? Tech support on the phone wasn't able to provide an answer

http://imgur.com/Wig2Kpc

IMG_0173.JPG

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not see Connected Devices

Just spoke with Tech Support (chat) and it appears that while the engineers are still working on this, they have no answers on when this issue will be fixed.  So sad that it is taking so long.  Where can one go to get this issue pushed towards the top?  Or are there other pressing issues?  Understaffed?  Unqualified?  Don't care?  Take your pick..

View solution in context
32 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am not sure what is wrong with your modem's interface but perhaps I can send a factory rest to resolve the issue. If you would like me to try this send me a private message with your account and contact information.

Thank You

ethanmaass

I also cannot see my connected devices anymore. I need to see them in order to manage my port forwarding. If I do a factory reset I will lose all of my port forwarding rules. Is there a way to back up what I already have setup?

Edit: all of my connected devices started showing up again. I did not do anything, they just appeared. Very strange.

mlerma
Visitor

I am having the same problem, my list of connected devices appears empty. I wrote down the MAC addresses and assigned IPs when the list was visible, and those IPs still respond to connectivity tests with diagnostic tools, but I cannot handle that list any more. Furthermore, when I try to add a device with reserved IP I always get an "Invlid IP address" alert.

This is how it looks for me:

connected-devices-empty.png

galacticvoyager

I discovered the same problem on April 21. The Gateway which had previously been displaying the list of connected devices stopped displaying the list. Since management of our network depends on monitoring this list, I contacted customer support on April 24. 

Support analyzed the problem remotely and dispatched a technicial to replace the Gateway the same day. The new Gateway was configured identical to the one being replaced and all was well until April 27. I noticed that many of the attached devices were displaying multiple IP6 addresses and some showed Reserved IP address when no IP address had been configured. 

Today, April 28, the Gateway stopped displaying the Connected Devices list. My suspicion is that there was a software/firmware update that has a bug which manifests itself as a blank device list. Prior to April 21, the Gateway had been working correctly for at least 3 months. 

Despite the lack of the Connected Device List, the Gateway appears to be working correctly for all other functions. 

piscesblue

I can't see mine either which makes it a pain to knock particular devices off my network for troubleshooting. I haven't tried calling tech support yet. Just looking on the internet for help.

dannyp

same issue here -- anyone been given a fix other than new modem?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello dannyp and welcome to forums.

Prior to sending out a new modem I can push a factory rest from my end to see if it resolves. This process can take up to 40 minutes to complete. Do you have a preferred time of day to complete this reset? (AM|PM)

image36

I am having the same issue.  I did a factory reset and it fixed it.  After a day or so it is back to not showing any device information.  is there a firmware update coming to fix this issue?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize but I am not aware of when any firmware updates will be applied to our devices. In the mean time I can push the factory rest on my end, just private message me so I can go over other details with you.

pawel-rte

Same problem in our office on a business account.  Has anybody resolved this w/o factory reset? Seems that reset does not fix it long term.

I rebooted the gateway and the clients were listed for a while, logged in 1 hour later and no clients are listed.

Gateway: DPC3939B

Firmware revision: dpc3939b-v303r20421751-170428a-CMCST

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello pawel-rte and welcome to forums,

I am not sure what is happening with your modem configuration but if you like I can send a factory rest and restore your configuration files once it is complete. If this is an option you would like to take please post or private message me.

Thank You

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you pawel-rte

I have completed my rest. Please test your connection and let me know if things improve.

pawel-rte

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Multiple clients connected, static DHCP mappings defined for devices which are online, but no devices are listed:

2017-06-08_11-04-03.png2017-06-08_11-02-38.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am not sure what else could be causing this issue. If you like I can send a tech out to swap that modem for you.

pawel-rte

I believe we bought the modem 2 years ago, so I'm guessing we'll have to try ourselves to replace the modem.

Thank you for your help.

Pawel

yogurbellaus

Same problem

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello yogurbellaus  and welcome to forums,

I can push a factory rest to your modem to help resole this issue. Though this process is usually fast it can take up to 40 minutes to complete. Please let me know if you would like to take this option and the best time for you (AM|PM).

Thank You

Xcorpion76
Visitor

Good afternoon,

I am having the same problem in my two locations. I can't see my connected devices anymore.

Any solution?

Thank you.

Xcorpion76
Visitor

Good afternoon,

I am having the same problem in my two locations. I can't see my connected devices anymore.

Any solution?

Thank you.

Linch

Just spoke with Tech Support (chat) and it appears that while the engineers are still working on this, they have no answers on when this issue will be fixed.  So sad that it is taking so long.  Where can one go to get this issue pushed towards the top?  Or are there other pressing issues?  Understaffed?  Unqualified?  Don't care?  Take your pick..

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Xcorpion76 and Linch,

Welcome to forums. I apologize that we have not produced a permanent fix for this issue but if you like I can push a factory rest to help restore the service. Though the process is usually quick it can take up to 40 minutes to complete. If this is an option you would like to take please message me with  your preferred time if day (AM|PM) for me to push this reset.

Thank You

Xcorpion76
Visitor

If we are going to keep the same configuration, as passwords, yes. Monday at 9:00 pm. In other case don't do it.

Thank you.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize but I was unable to get the rest pushed after 9PM. Id there a different time that I can push the rest?

Xcorpion76
Visitor

Today, at 9:00 pm.

ThanK you.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Xcorpion76,

I apologize for how long it took to complete the factory rest but I was able to schedule for it to be completed. Would you please test your services and let me know if the problem persists?

Thank you

Xcorpion76
Visitor

It is not working again. :/

Bruckner8

Same here. But I found out when I couldn't add a blocked device. Then I tried to look at the device list, and found this problem. Note that I *am* able to delete bocked devices, but I am no longer allowed to add a blocked device.

Frustrating to read that the forum technical leaders keep suggesting factory resets when they know it doesn't solve the problem.

Just thought I'd add myself to the list of disappointed business class users, knowing full well it's notresolved yet.

Official Employee

Hi Bruckner8

I would like to assist with your gateway's configuration and figure out why it's not displaying any connected devices. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

phitradio

I am having same issue with my comcast business router. its so frustrating

Official Employee

Hi phitradio and welcome to the forums.

I would also like to assist with your gateway as well. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

sbp

Has there been a fix identified for this issue, or is the temporary solution to just reset the device and replace it if it still doesn't solve the problem? Mine is not showing the connected devices as the others have mentioned. The gateway seems to work fine just can't see them. It recently started this while I was on vacation and I can only assume something changed while I was gone or an update was done.   

Official Employee

Hello sbp.

I would also like to review your gateway as well. Please private message me your account number and business name. 

Discussion stats