Domain Names/Static IP

How to move existing domains to Comcast?

wililupy

How to move existing domains to Comcast?

Hello,

I am wanting to move my existing domain to Comcast, however the current procedure does not show up on my account anymore, and it never worked. I tried to call support, but they had no idea what I was talking about. 

Can someone please tell me the new way to move my domain from the existing service to Comcast, also, can I manage it or do I have to do everything through Comcast via a support ticket? 

Otherwise, I may just keep my current DNS since I can make changes (except Reverse Lookups, which is actually a pain now which is why I want to move to Comcast) fairly quickly expeicially if I just need to do CNAME entries.

3 REPLIES
Nicola

Re: How to move existing domains to Comcast?

I have the same issue, nobody at Comcast seems to understand the concept or process of DNS hosting.

We have the static IP but can't do anything with it!

jjpfeifferjr

Re: How to move existing domains to Comcast?

I have the same question, for the same reason.  I spent over half an hour being transferred from operator to operator, before my call was finally dropped.

All of the on-line instructions for the process start by having me go to the Manage Services>Web hosting link; as I have no hosting plan with comcast (my plan is internet-only), I have no such link.

DVFD

Re: How to register custom domains to Comcast?

I have the same problem. I want to register a domain but the WEBSITE LINK they refer to is not avalible in my Managed Service menu.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation