Business WiFi

Unable to change private wifi password

andybrucelmco

Unable to change private wifi password

Hello - I have two comcast routers. Each router offers 2.4GHz and 5GHz private wifi connections.

I want to selectively enable one of the 5GHz connections on one of the routers, but I want to provide my own custom password.

I changed the password on the router admin page (local web administration). No effect. Password is still the original.

I just tried changing the password on the https://business.comcast.com/myaccount/Secure/ManageServices/Internet/ManagePrivateWIFI/ page. The password says it is changed, but it isn't.

How do I know? Because I have a device that I just connected to the private 5GHz wifi SSID - and using the old password works.

What a disaster.

6 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to change private wifi password

Hello andybrucelmco,

I'm having issues finding your account number. Can you please send me a private message with your account number so I can reset your password? 

Thank you 

riverstone1

Hello Jacob - I am having exact same issue as you were trying to assist someone with below.  How can I do the same?

Thank you,

Patty

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Patty,

Just to confirm you're able to login to the modem okay but when you try to change the Private Wifi password you receive an error? 

annonymis

Me too.  I can change the (and did change) the router admin password, but I also need to change the private wifi network password.

annonymis

So this question was asked 8 months ago and there is no answer.  Great community comcast has going here.  Worthless, just like their support.

Lets see how long it takes for the board admin to erase this message.  I'll bet it's alot quicker than it takes to answer the original question.

Official Employee

Hello annonymis and welcome to the support forums. 

I would like to assist with your private wireless network. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation