Business WiFi

In "Connected Devices > Range Extenders", what sort of range extenders are meant?

HCCMgr
Visitor

In "Connected Devices > Range Extenders", what sort of range extenders are meant?

On my DPC3941 gateway's customer admin web interface, there's a "Connected Devices > Range Extenders" pane that says

"Manage the connected range extenders below, which were all auto-discovered by the Gateway.

Range ExtendersRange Extender SSID BSSID Frequency Band Channel Security Mode  

There are no valid extender found!"

What kind of range extenders is it talking about?  Can I get them from Comcast, or buy them outright?

6 REPLIES
Official Employee

Re: In "Connected Devices > Range Extenders", what sort of range extenders are meant?

Hi HCCMgr and welcome to the business forums.

Comcast Busines does offer range extenders and the price varies in different market areas. Here are some features of the Wireless Range Extender (WRE): 

Features

• TR69
  • Wi-Fi Bridge between Ethernet and MoCA Networks
  • Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet LAN Ports
  • Support for 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
  • MoCA Management via the Business Wireless Gateway Online Tool
  • Front Panel LEDs Status
  • Push-Button Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for Compatible Devices
  • Acts as an extension of Wi-Fi network
  • Auto Sync
    • Configuration with BWG
    • Plug & Play
  • MoCA 1.1 connectivity
    • Coax cable
    • Ethernet cable
  • (2) GigE connections
  • (2) RF Connections (F-ports)
  • Dual-band WiFi (2.4 & 5 GHz)

Note regarding WRE coverage distance and speed throughput: There are many variables that could impact your speed when connected to the internet through a wireless network. For example, microwaves, static electricity, fluorescent lights, windows, wall type and thickness, distance, band and signal settings, multiple devices on the same channel, and several other factors can impact the speeds you receive when wirelessly connected to the internet. These WiFi variables can add substantial delay which may result in speed degradation. For this reason, we cannot guarantee a specific distance or level of speed that the WRE will provide.

The WRE is a separate product from our WiFi Pro services. Here is a link to this as well:

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/wifi/comcast-business-wifi-pro-configure-networks-and-...

Please let me know if you need anything.

HCCMgr
Visitor

Re: In "Connected Devices > Range Extenders", what sort of range extenders are meant?

Thanks!

Do I just call customer care and tell them I need two WREs added to my wifi setup, one via Ethernet patched straight to the gateway, the other via MOCA from an existing coax jack? 

I tried to get range extenders on the initial wifi work order, but the tech insisted that he had no such instructions on the work order and couldn't tell me anything much about the range extender offering.

Official Employee

During your installation, the tech was most likely unable to process this since it was not in the original order and does come with a charge. Please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address and the phone number associated with your business account.

HCCMgr
Visitor

Tried to send the PM, got "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

Official Employee

Please try one more time. 

HCCMgr
Visitor

PM went through this time.  Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation