Business Voice
Equipment & Features

Comcast Business Phone Issue

Caylor93
Visitor

Re: Comcast Business Phone Issue

Me too...

Points to an internal network issue....probably the same reason their digital voice (Voice Over IP) is down as well.

Error I get is:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.96cc19b8.1528317506.217fe3a7

AllPro

Last update says service restored by 4pm.

What is the update if any?

sj585
Visitor

We had the phones forwarded when the outage started. forwarding stopped at that time but now looks like calls are being forwarded again. Western Suburbs Chicago

Tags (2)
legal123

Still unable to make or receive calls. Service was to be restored by 4:00PM. What is the status?

crss

In Tallahassee also, CRSS we are losing money

keystonesurveying

When you call our business line it says the number is "disconnected or no longer in service" .  THIS is the WRONG MESSAGE TO HAVE on your automated response line!  It should say "COMCAST is experiencing a temporary outage in this area, please call back later! "  This is DIPLORABLE to have this message on a business line.  MY customers are now calling my competition for service thinking I am out of business, or I haven't paid my bill.  

Iamupset

Lately, I have received multiple calls from Comcast account managers regarding change of services.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> but you are EFFECTING REAL BUSINESSES.

You DO NOT tell someone the package that you SOLD them on a 2-YEAR contract us NO LONGER AVAILABLE so that YOU CAN SELL THEM SOMETHING ELSE AFTER 6-MONTHS.

Things tend to BREAK when you update things.

Fix this and fix it fast... apparently, we aren't the only ones it's happening to. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation">

scottcain76

Totally unacceptable business phone service.  Down for almost 1/2 day -- this is a joke.  You do realize we need phone service to conduct at least part of our business???

Scott Cain, V.P.

West Hills Oil, Inc.

Paradocsk9

Business phones just started working in Little Rock, AR.. phones have not worked since 10:00 a.m. today.
whitingservices

Our phones have been out all day.  So from 8 AM to 3 minutes to 3 and still no phones??  Any idea when our phones will be back up?  Hopefully it is in time to be able to forward our phones, as we have a lot of ticked off customers.

@Comcast_Jessie wrote:

**UPDATE: 05:05PM EST**

We’d like to apologize again to all of our Comcast Business Voice customers for any interruption to your business this may have caused. We have all available resources working to restore service to customers still affected. We will continue to update this post with details as they become available.    

whitingservices

Finally!  Back up, hopefully it stays that way.  Thanks!

HillsdaleClinic

We are also having problems in Portland Oregon. Is it the Russians?

wesm

outage

switched to comcast business about a year ago to save money and get free long distance. Took about a week to firgure out that none of my customers were answering my calls because the caller ID said unavailible. Tried to straighten out thru comcast and kept getting " give it a little while, it takes time" after about 2 weeks I finaly had no other place to go so I complained to the FCC. Within a couple of days Comcast was taking a personal interest in my problem and solved it right then. The biggest problem up untill now, since switching, has been that the amount of spoofed numbers and cold sales calls has gone thru the roof. Before when I had att hard wired phones we got a few but nothing like what we get now. I don't know if that is because we are using voice over internet now which makes it easier for the scammers, but I do suspect it. I suspect it because my phones have been down all day with no end in sight but I am getting calls from numbers I blocked on my on phones and cold sales calls, no customers though. I was told that comcast had the ability to send my calls to a cell phone if my service was interupted, jusy like att could before. Didn't happen and can't get to place on web site where it is could be done. Comcast told me no problems, we got a place on the web where you can just change anything anytime. That don't work either. I guess you could say I was penny wise and pound foolish. As soon as my phone starts working so I can make a call I am going back to them little copper wires. Lost enough money today to pay ATT double for the next 10 years. Won't happen again.

QuentinB

I know this stuff is complicated, but Comcast is killing its business customers with these massive outages.  When they do happen, the Comcast support site crashes and we cannot find out what is going on.  When we call, we are on hold for 30-45 minutes, with no help in sight.  This is far from the first massive outage you guys have had, and the same issues Comcast Business Support services had last time...they still have.  There seems to be no plan to get ahead of future issues and protect/help Comcast Business clients.  The website for support has not been bolstered to accommodate a large outage, the call centers have not been fortified to help us, and there is absolutely no indication via the comcast main website that there is a national outage happening.  We're forced to log-in to a website that is crashing due to capacity issues, to check our service.  Be proactive!!  Put a scrolling banner at the top of whatever functional Comcast webpage you guys have during one of these massive failures to let customers know, "Hey, it's not just you, it's everybody, and we're working on it as quickly as possible...".  If this were the first nationwide outage, I'd understand, but this is becoming a routine, and nobody at Comcast seems to want to get in front of the customers to let them know when it happens...again, and again, and again.  Customers would be much more understanding when they're losing thousands of dollars a day due to a Comcast failure, if Comcast would make some effort to reach out to them BEFORE they have to wait for an hour or more to get an answer, or try dozens of times to log in to an overloaded website to see what's going on.  I know my office has had enough of this.  Not because we expect 99.99% uptime, but because it appears that Comcast doesn't have our backs as business customers.  Not even a little bit.  Outage, after outage, after outage...same, "We'll just fix it and nobody will notice (until next time)" attitude.  I don't know if you don't want to try to help customers during outages because of PR, stock price, or just apathy, but since it keeps happening and nothing is being done to accommodate existing customers, it looks like the latter. 

johnsmotor
Visitor

Message being given to callers during outages

I am a Comcast business customer who was one of many affected by the wide service outage on Wednesday June 6, 2018. People who tried to call my business during the outage were hearing this message: "The number you have reached has been disconnected or is no longer in service..."
What a TERRIBLE message for customers to be receiving during a temporary interruption in service! Unless they know about the service outage, they will think I have gone out of business. This HAS to be changed. Something like "We are temporarily experiencing a loss of service. Please try your call again later" would be just fine. Did anyone else experience this? The same thing happened to us during the last outage. 

MorganAndrews

Re: Message being given to callers during outages

Yes, and not only was that happening yesterday, but my service is inturrupted today too! Now my customers have had two days of that message and will think I don't pay my phone bills or that I've closed up shop. Of course no compensation from Comcast on this either.....

The call forwarding feature that I input this moring isn't working either, so that was a waste of time and effort on my part. 

Price

Same issue here. Day two again no phone service. Apparently there fix yesterday is as good as their phone service. 

schifferpub

Phone Service is Down Again

Phone service was down about five hours yesterday, then came back until early this afternoon, now no outbound or inbound calls but our Comcast internet is working. Can't get through on the customer service telephone line and the Account signin keeps shutting down when we try to look up current status.

Quentin

The website is down as well, so you can't even forward calls to your cell phone?  And of course on hold forever.  This is totally unacceptable!!!

Highlighted
AH

It now says "your call cannot be completed as dialed".  Still makes it seem like there's a problem with us as the business, or our clients, when in fact <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> Comcast should take responsibility and provide a message that says <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.  But don't worry, the business you are calling is still operating and is activley searching for a NEW provider that will be more reliable and provide the service its custmers deserve.  Don't bother calling Comcast as you will NEVER be bale to talk with a live person, or if do after an hour and a half of holding, that person will "accidentally" hang up on you." 

MorganAndrews

Day 2 of outage

Well here we go with day two of outages and a crappy message notifying my customers that the call cannot be completed as dialed and call forwarding NOT forwarding. 

Tags (1)
FLaw

Re: Day 2 of outage

RIDICULOUS! Two days and no help from anyone.. they betterbe issueing some massive credits for all of the issues and clients I have lost.

maryann115

Re: Phone Service is Down Again

We're having the same problem in New Haven, CT.  This is a doctor's office and not good for our patients.

Ridiculous service. Is comcast going to be reimbursing us for all our lost customers and money these outages have cost our business? we will be switching carriers. 

Matt123

Phone down for 2 days STILL

Our systems is down for the second day in a row.  This is a business plan and I need to do some business.  Please help.

trncomm

Yeah same here in PA.

How much business have I lost?

I have no idea.

No talk of reimbursement from them.

mikeschumann

Having the same problem with our stores in St. Paul & St Louis Pk MN.  Tried calling Comcast support.  Hold time was "more than 1 hour 30 minutes", so I didn't bother to stay on the line.

Unbelievable.

BurnziesKitchen

Who is going to pay for my loss of business for the last two days, and how do I start the process of this ???? thank You Mike

Riverdale_Inn

Same thing in Jacksonville Florida 32204.  Before Comcast website quit working, the support page said to reset modem via reset button on back to restore service.  Before I could do this the phone rang with a telemarketer.  Phones are operating normally for now.  The reset may or may not work as I did not get to test it.  May help?  Good luck.

aic
Frequent Contributor

Comcast outage has affected us too in Miami FL, we are in insurance, have internet today but no telephones.

We hired both providers Comcast and AT&T, for high speed internet in different sites, to prevent this kind of things from happening and incredibly both services had issues on the same date,

I spent all day yesterday troublehooting the ATT issue that started with a firmware update on June 6 at 1:30AM to a Pace PLC #5031NV-030 Hardware Version 2701-000875-004 Software Version 10.5.6.529707-att. This update changed the way DMZ worked for me and forced a second firewall on to the DMZ'd hardware. If you have this gateway bridged with a router behind with server and in DMZ and clients in LAN, it will no longer function as before unless you do this. Go to Firewall/Advanced Configuration and allow any outbound protocols your DMZ/LAN will need. For example, if you wish to access an outside website as https google com from a client on your LAN or from a server in DMZ you must check https on and so on. Dont allow PING to confuse you here, it will work from the LAN and the PACE, the PACE service says UP, but is NOT.

I posting this hoping will help someone with the same setup. best regards.

BillS

Extremely unhappy Comcast Biz customer here. Second day with NO PHONES at my business!  This is inexcusable!  Do you have an expected recovery time?

Compound

We suffered from the outage as well.   When customers called our line, they only got a busy signal.    Our pharmacy phones usually ring all day, so the loss of business and future business will never be known.    Comcast really should have come up with some way to tell callers what was going on.