Business Voice
Equipment & Features

Comcast Business Phone Issue

Community Manager
Community Manager

Comcast Business Phone Issue

**UPDATE: 06/08/18 - 06:30 PM EST**

Outage update: Here is an explanation of what happened - Our engineers immediately began troubleshooting and found a failure of a sub system in our voice infrastructure. Our national voice infrastructure is fully redundant and our backup systems normally operate successfully when unexpected issues happen. This specific issue has never occurred and restoration took longer than expected. We will be reaching out to customers who were impacted to give them more information and to apologize directly.

imspecialk

phone outage

business phone out for over an hour and seems to be a widespread problem. any ideas on what has occurred?

Tags (1)
gadgetmonster

Re: phone outage

We are also down... Phones, Indianapolis

Medibag

Phone lines are reflecting a busy signal - Outage in San Ramon??

We cannot make nor receive calls as of this monirng 6/6/18 , does anyone know what is going on? I've been on hold with comcast for 30 minutes..

Highlighted
mavala321

Summit County Business phone s no on can call in.

Can anyone tell me what is happening? we are trying to call in but Comcast is hanging up on us.

Medibag

Our phones in San Ramon Ca are reflecting a busy signal, inbound and outbound calls.

AngelaJ

Re: Phone lines are reflecting a busy signal - Outage in San Ramon??

All outbound busy signal in Denver this morning too.  3rd outage in a week.

PlazaBevererage

Our phones in NE-PA are a busy signal, inbound and outbound calls.

mavala321

Re: Summit County Business phone s no on can call in.

We got ahold of them. The outage should be repaired by 2:30 pm today. 

Bratschi

Business Phone Outage - Call Forwarding

How can I get Comcast to forward my calls to a cellphone when their lines are down? I've been on hold for over 30 minutes and each minute the Comcast phone system is down is lost $$$ for our small business.

Bratschi

Re: Business Phone Outage - Call Forwarding

PS - We are in the northern Chicago suburbs

Bratschi

Re: Comcast Business Phone Issue

Will Comcast be crediting our accounts?

Also, how do we forward to a cellphone so customers can still get through to us?

Each minute is lost money for our small business!

Yansintl

I'd like to know how to get call forwarding as well, perhaps online?

Bratschi

I'm not even able to login online...keep getting error message but internet is working. Just not Comcast Account site, apparently.

ApplianceMan15605

When I called in they told me it was a multi state level outage and they could not get access to be able to forward my phones. Can not log into their business website to be able to manually turn on call forwarding, and the comcast business app says that call forwarding is turned on, but it's not working. This is a MASSIVE outage on their side of the network and it is leaving countless numbers of business customers completely without working phones both in and outbound!

ApplianceMan15605

Same thing going on here in Missouri. Comcast is having a MASSIVE service failure on their side of the network. Small and I'm sure large businesses alike, are all without their phone lines at the moment.

jodeep

We are desperate. We cannot call  you Comcast or anybody else. Outgoing phones come up with busy signals. We cannot even log into Comcast Login. Any ideas?

Thanks

JoDee Piersol, Owner

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information">

awister

Our business lines in Pikesville (21208) are not working either.  Can not make or receive calls.  Customer Service line is busy as well.  When calling our office number, people get a busy signal only.

Bratschi

@ApplianceMan15605 wrote:

When I called in they told me it was a multi state level outage and they could not get access to be able to forward my phones. Can not log into their business website to be able to manually turn on call forwarding, and the comcast business app says that call forwarding is turned on, but it's not working. This is a MASSIVE outage on their side of the network and it is leaving countless numbers of business customers completely without working phones both in and outbound!

Thank you, ApplianceMan, for this info! Would love if the Comcast Community Member could also respond! Smiley Happy

BayStateGlenn

Same issue here in MA.

Dialtone but any number dialed gives busy signal.

Incoming calls get message "you have reached a non-working number" ...

hope folks don't think that we went out of business.

DownsAuto

Georgetown DE -- Chat unavailable and we can't call out on our business line. Came here to see that like everyone else, another outage. Just wish Comcast was better at letting you know what's going on. We're losing business when customers can't reach us!! I tried calling Comcast customer service from my cell, and was on hold only to be hung up on! UGH!!!!

pommehomme

Same problem here in San Jose, CA. Phones completely out and internet working.

cwhortoninc

Your 800 number is reading busy and online chat is down too.  Let me guess, you provide the phone service for your own customer support number?  Great idea if you are having a nationwide phone outage.

This outage should be front and center, with updates, on your comcast page.  Not buried in the support section.

ADBoffice

OUr phones have been going down for 4 days!  Customers are attempting to call us and presuming WE ARE OUT OF BUSINESS!  We cannot maintain a business with unreliable phone service!  Service outages 'in our area' have continued for DAYS!  We need phone service to survive.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

@Comcast_Jessie wrote:

On 06/06/18, some Comcast Business customers have reported the inability to make or receive calls. We are aware of this issue and are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible.

As soon as any updates become available we will be sure to post them here.

Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to get this resolved.

BB123

We are out too.  Too bad we couldn't get a heads up to forward calls to cell phone.

pommehomme

This forrum has much more information than anyone has received from comcast.

VLEParalegal

Phone service also down in Brookline, Massachusetts.

goodnews

The same here in Wood Dale, IL

daschapiro
Visitor

with phone service out my calls are supposed to automatically transfer to a cell phone.  it is not doing that and i am unable to login to my account to manually do it.  have been on hold for 40 minutes waiting for an agent

hokanson

We are also having trouble sending and receiving phone calls in Bellevue, WA. We cannot login to access our Comcast Business account, either. Internet access is otherwise fine. Can you provide a estimated time when services will be restored?

Thank you.

crss

We at CRSS depend on our phones. In our business if we don't have phone service we are losing customers.

Tallahassee Florida comcast phones are not working. You can send an email:   <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information">

K2Kholladay

Our phones are also down in Salt Lake City, UT. Same as everyone else. Internet is fine. Can't login to Comcast's Account site. Hold time to talk to Comcast estimated at over 1.5 hrs. 

Bratschi

Phones are UP in Illinois...except that calls aren't ringing through to 2nd line and going to voicemail instead. I'll take what I can get for the afternoon!

berkeltree

No phone service in Boulder, CO

Bratschi

Just kidding.  A call came through. Now lines down again. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Moved:

Removed for violating forum guideline: "Inappropriate tag">

CityIron

Our business in Maryland is experiencing the crazy phone issue of not receiving calls, getting busy signal when dailing out, error message that make no sense.  NOW getting a default voice message that says PHONE NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE THEN MESSAGE PROCEDES TO GIVE OTHER BUSINESS (competitors) IN OUR AREA. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Tomp

What happened to the 99.99% uptime guarantee???  I can't make calls and I gather nobody can call me.  They hung up on me when I called them.  Absurd.

in eastern MA.

ptaylor

Out in Pennsylvania....18969

scottyh

I called 3 times, waited through the computerized phone responses, finally got to speak to a human, 3 times. Each time they were inconsiderant and put me on hold, to never pick the line back up again. Guess what, while they are getting paid to be answering the phones and helping customers, we are calling because we have no service, and it is affecting our business / our income. I am a small business owner. No phone = no business. They still get paid, I don't. I had a customer come in to see if I had gone out of business because of the stupid message that Comcast has recorded. Couldn't be honest with the incoming callers? <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Maybe "Sorry, we can't complete your call because our system is down".

mattc

Phone Outage in Mill Valley CA

We can't call in or out, this is shutting down our business!

We can't get a hold of tech support!

What is being done to correct this?

Matt C.

General Manger

Frantoio Ristorante

Hanover

Phone always busy

I can not make calls.  Every number I dial, whether local or long distance, results in a busy signal.  This has been going on for hours.

robin1941

Is this all of Houston?  The U.S.?

provenpest

this is costing my company thousands of dollars. i expect to get credit on my account for this issue. you call my number and it tells you the number is not a working number. 

lonestargroomer

Re: Phone always busy

Same here!!!
chan

Sigh, Call Forwarding does NOT work & reg ph does not work.  it's 1.12pm pst. still does NOT work!!! Boo Comcast!

virtueandvice

We are down in Atlanta GA as well. A hand full of calls are getting through but the rest either don't conect when answered or get a message. We have a dial toan but any number we call comes up busy. It's 4:15 EST still not fixed

virtueandvice

We're having the same login issues with the site.

@jodeep

mcd1964

Re: Phone always busy

this is ruining our business. could not make or take calls today. was on hold with comcast for over hour and a half. when is this going to get fixed

hungryhowies248

still out in tallahassee in FL. we are losing a lot of money bevause of this